Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Bling

slobodan
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Bling

Checking a street jewelry stand:

Bling by Slobodan Blagojevic, on Flickr

Edited on Nov 14, 2012 at 04:42 AM · View previous versions

Aug 27, 2012 at 04:01 AM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Bling

Would have been cool to see her split the hanging jewelry with her hands so that you could see her face.

Aug 28, 2012 at 08:32 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · Bling

I agree, for a portrait, I just do not see enough of her face.
Douglas

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:55 AM
slobodan
• • •
p.1 #4 · Bling

Thanks, I appreciate the comments.

However, I have to ask why do you feel you need to see her face? I am not trying to argue, just curios. For me, the shot works as-is: face slightly out of focus (deliberately), defined by its most important elements - eyes, nose, lips. It rather hints than reveals... and adds a bit of a mystique. It is less about a portrait of the girl, more about a moment between a girl and jewelry.

Aug 29, 2012 at 05:35 PM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Bling

It all depends on the intent of the image. Here, the jewelry is in focus and covering the face of the girl, so our attention goes to the jewelry and the girl is incidental. You say it's a moment btwn a girl and jewelry, but since she is looking at the viewer, and not the jewelry, I would disagree. Compare it to this stock image, for instance:

http://bit.ly/O3xC90

This is what I would call a moment btwn the girl and the jewelry, whereas the girl in your image appears to be focused on the viewer, but her face is obscured, so we don't get a real connection with her.

Aug 29, 2012 at 07:10 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password