Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Something that has never been done before...

evillemperor

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Something that has never been done before...

Yes, this idea probably has been done before, but this idea was totally original. I have no inspirations for this shot. I originally wanted to have one 5 second exposure, but it was too bright to see him. So I combined 5 0.6 second exposures together. Besides the fact the last is blurry, what do you all think? This was for a friend's senior portraits.

Going Up by Ayers Photo, on Flickr

Aug 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM
bobbyz
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Something that has never been done before...

Why not do multiple high shutter speed burst and combine them or newer camera which have this built in.

Aug 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM
evillemperor

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Something that has never been done before...

I have the T2i, which isnt blazing fast. I had the 7D with me (my school's) but i needed something small. I am saving up for a 5D MK III, but I don't think I'll have it until next June. And I also did that:
Around the Court by Ayers Photo, on Flickr

Aug 27, 2012 at 12:42 AM
Matt OHarver
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Something that has never been done before...

Never done before?

Heck I've shot plenty of out of focus blurry photos. I just usually delete them.

Aug 27, 2012 at 01:06 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

ian408
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Something that has never been done before...

I like your idea. However, like Matt, it's OOF and doesn't work for me. That last frame has to be sharp.

Aug 27, 2012 at 01:26 AM
evillemperor

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Something that has never been done before...

Thank you and yes, regarding the last shot, it was really difficult to see in such a tight spot. I didn't have a large amount of time and I had to do it rather quickly because he had a scrimmage afterwards.

Aug 27, 2012 at 01:32 AM
Jeff_Stapleton
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Something that has never been done before...

ian408 wrote:
I like your idea. However, like Matt, it's OOF and doesn't work for me. That last frame has to be sharp.

I agree with Ian. The WB is really off and its not sharp at all. One thing I would suggest would be putting the camera on a tripod, and doing a bulb exposure through the play, and manually flashing towards the end of the play/layup. That would give you some blur (hopefully), and a nice popped exposed play. (But I don't know if the blurred image would even be exposed enough to make it work?) I'd even have the camera behind the rim and shoot vertical rather than side-scrolling action...where he's coming at you rather than running past.

The first thing that I thought of was the Usain Bolt photo:

I say all this not to be a turd, but to encourage you to try it again and tweak it. It could work, it just needs some more work.

You say you're a teenager. I have to give you props for getting out there and making images. Come back here often and read and ask. There's a lot of great dudes here who would love to teach a young guy not only how to get great images, but how to not be that guy running everybody, then yourself, out of business

Aug 27, 2012 at 01:48 AM
evillemperor

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Something that has never been done before...

Thank you. I did want to use one long exposure, but it was too bright to see him (an oxymoron). The camera is on a tripod. In case you didn't know, I'm not following him as he goes, I am taking different shots at different times of him going up. I do enjoy panning, but I wanted to try something new. Next time, I'll bring a circular polarizer with me so I can do only 2 shots. Unfortunatly, my eyesight is really poor, so even using live view was difficult. Thank you for your input, I will try your suggestions next time.

Aug 27, 2012 at 02:07 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password