Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · 2012 Little League World Series

P Alesse
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 2012 Little League World Series

Finishing up with this year's event today with Tennessee vs. Japan for the world championship. Japan certainly has the advantage of a fresh pitching staff after yesterday when Tennessee needed to exhaust their line of pitchers in staving off the California team for a 24-15 victory that went seven innings.

Here is sampling from the week...

1) New Jersey right fielder, Kyle Phillips makes an outstanding catch between the raindrops for Mid-Atlantic in Game #6.

2) Delivering a pitch in Game #15 for the Great Lakes, is Niah Williamson

3) Danny Ruggiero with an oustanding catch for Mid-Atlantic in Game #18

4) New England Catcher, Biagio Paoletta gives the game ball to pitcher, Will Lucas after Lucas pitched a no-hitter vs. Great Lakes in Game #20.

5) Arjun Heurta delivers a pitch for the Caribbean in Game #21.

6) Praying Mantis swarm the stadium during night games in South Williamsport. This little guy minds my rooftop cam in Game #22. With security like this, one doesn't need safety cables...

7) Avoiding the tag from outstretched NJ catcher, Anthony Scannelli in Game #12, is Greg Mehlhaff for the Northwest.

8) Making the catch, but losing a shoe in Game #24 is Southwest right fielder, Jack Scarborough

9) Making the tag after a wild pitch on Southeast's Luke Brown, is pitcher, Zachary Sanchez for the Southwest in Game #24

10) Sliding down the hill is a popular tradition here at the Little League World Series...

11) Sliding into home for the West in Game #26 is James O'Hanlon.

12) Uganda makes their very first appearance for Africa in the Little League World Series and were the popular favorites. Here, Daniel Alio applies the tag to Hunter Hemenway in a cross bracket game against the Northwest.

13) Fans start to gather around the gates in the concourse area hoping to get seats for the International Championship on Saturday.

Aug 26, 2012 at 11:55 AM
amlsml
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 2012 Little League World Series

Paul, as always these are great. Love the World series and look forward too your annual post. On pic 7 above the plate, how did you mount that camera? very different view and I really like it. Is 13 a tilt shift? Looks almost like a model railroad! my favorite is number 3, that kid will love that image for ever,

Aug 26, 2012 at 12:18 PM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 2012 Little League World Series

Hey Andy... #7 is from the roof camera remote. #13 is shot with an 85mm tilt-shift lens. Thanks for looking.

BTW... for those that care, this was the first year firing the remotes with a PWIII and they have been ten times more reliable than the Multi Maxes which have often needed repeaters and certain setups. The PWIII fires consistently without having to point antennas up, or units away from metal, or away from water. No matter what... they always fired.

Aug 26, 2012 at 12:23 PM
campyone
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 2012 Little League World Series

I'm no sports photographer but these look great to me. I particularly like #9. It really captures the intensity with which these kids play.

Aug 26, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Jase1125
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 2012 Little League World Series

Great shots Paul.

Aug 26, 2012 at 12:55 PM
rolette
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 2012 Little League World Series

Love #1, #5 and #9 but I've got to ask... Why did you include #2? Seems like one of those "nice shot if it weren't for that xxx in the way" shots.

Jay

Aug 26, 2012 at 01:36 PM
BobnJake
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 2012 Little League World Series

Thanks Paul. Beautiful work.
Bob

Aug 26, 2012 at 01:57 PM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 2012 Little League World Series

rolette wrote:
Love #1, #5 and #9 but I've got to ask... Why did you include #2? Seems like one of those "nice shot if it weren't for that xxx in the way" shots.

Jay

I liked how the shapes aligned. The curvature of the pitcher puzzling together with the batter. It was a subjective choice that I knew all wouldn't like.

Aug 26, 2012 at 02:09 PM
dj dunzie
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 2012 Little League World Series

#9 is absolutely brilliant. Love #1, 3, 7, 8 and 11 too.

Who knew you had such great panning skills as in # 10.

Thanks for the quick update Paul... will be watching for you during the final game!

Aug 26, 2012 at 06:02 PM
Next39
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 2012 Little League World Series

Wow, just fantastic. Like I said before, Paul, just reviewing your work is like attending a clinic. A lot of inspiration right there, and I just love the ultra low shooting position.

Are you doing any sort of skin smoothing in post, or is the skin in #2 and #11 a product of NR?

Aug 26, 2012 at 06:15 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 2012 Little League World Series

Hard to believe you or anyone could post a better thread. You be da man. Paulito.......

Edited on Aug 26, 2012 at 06:27 PM · View previous versions

Aug 26, 2012 at 06:26 PM
petereoin
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 2012 Little League World Series

Paul another classic set of photos (wow)

Aug 26, 2012 at 06:27 PM
rolette
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · 2012 Little League World Series

P Alesse wrote:
I liked how the shapes aligned. The curvature of the pitcher puzzling together with the batter. It was a subjective choice that I knew all wouldn't like.

Appreciate you filling in the behind the scenes thinking. Any time guys like you, Russ, etc. post something that doesn't make sense to me, I'm curious about the reasoning behind it - because there always is.

It doesn't necessarily make the photo work for me, but still very helpful.

Thanks again,
Jay

Aug 26, 2012 at 07:07 PM
Matt OHarver
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · 2012 Little League World Series

Paul, as usual this is an amazing set, I've been watching as much as I could this week and had a friend who actually made the trip to the LLWS. Someday I'm going to make the trip and hopefully get to meet you and buy you a beer.

Well done.

Matt

Aug 26, 2012 at 11:18 PM
gschlact
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · 2012 Little League World Series

Paul,
Only you can post shots like 7 & 9. Who else has the roof cam And Lobster cam producing top shelf shots. Would love to see a couple more sets, everyone here appreciates seeking your work.

Guy

Aug 26, 2012 at 11:29 PM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · 2012 Little League World Series

rolette wrote:
Appreciate you filling in the behind the scenes thinking. Any time guys like you, Russ, etc. post something that doesn't make sense to me, I'm curious about the reasoning behind it - because there always is.

It doesn't necessarily make the photo work for me, but still very helpful.

Thanks again,
Jay

Thanks for letting me know. I tried to sneak in a Kordunian foreground object to see if it would work but your opinion affirmed that foreground anomalies rarely work and this is no exception. Thanks.

Aug 26, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Kenneth Farver
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · 2012 Little League World Series

Great set. They all are terrific. Thanks for sharing.

Aug 26, 2012 at 11:56 PM
BillP57
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · 2012 Little League World Series

Great set, Paul. My only nit is that the sign lettering in #8 blends into the fielders face and is really distracting, from a great shot.

Bill

Aug 27, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Russ Isabella
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · 2012 Little League World Series

More of the 'sweet spot,' Paul. #5 more than makes up for #2 , and the lobster-trap shots have gone beyond 'wow' and straight to gaga! Awesome stuff, bud. Hope you had a blast (in addition to working your ass off).

Aug 27, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Fish On
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · 2012 Little League World Series

Did not disappoint as usual. Lobster cam is always a wow. Great set of pics. The last pic looks a little surreal where it looks like those model sets from an electric train set.

Aug 27, 2012 at 02:27 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password