Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Polo

Rags Hef
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Polo

4 Lean on me...

Rags

Aug 25, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Widgic
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Polo

Hi Rags:

Where did you shoot that? I've looking at doing some Polo in the Bay Area but I just haven't had the time to look for venues and events (altho I have a friend who owns a team so I should give him a call).

I am not sure you are looking for C&C, but here it comes:

- Cropping should be tighter
- The photos could use some post processing to make the images "pop"
- The the action I like the best in your shots is in the first image. #2 & #3 show mostly people back and in #4 the action is just confusing.

Cheers.

Denis
www.widgic.com

Aug 26, 2012 at 05:59 PM
Rags Hef
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Polo

Hey Denis

Looking for polo in the Bay area?, try Menlo Polo Club in Atherton. A small club that goes south to Indio in the winter.

These were shot at the Santa Barbara club.

Wed. I shot the Americas cup to after 3pm, hauled ass to Santa Barbara for a sunrise workout of the ponies.

These matches are the west's "world series" of polo. It was one of the best matches I've ever seen. Very high scoring and tough.

The last shot is one of a series of where the pony was directed to push the other pony off the course. This tough international polo won't be seen at local clubs (they are too gentlemanly)

This is a T bone shoulder butt (a foul)

Cropping is a stylistic choice. The "pop" was toned down, because the green controls the image. It got too yellow and as you can see in #2, it was foggy.

Thanks for looking in and the comments.

Good luck finding polo

Rags

Aug 26, 2012 at 08:07 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password