Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 5D MK III AF Button Question

RudyProj

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · 5D MK III AF Button Question

I am struggling w/ the manual trying to figure this out, so I figured I'd ask the FM folks...

I am setting up my 5D MK III and trying to understand the AF Selection button behavior.

How do I make the 5D MK III AF Selection button show the AF Selection via both the viewfinder and the LCD when pressed?

Currently when I press the AF Selection button on the 5D MK III, the AF Selection is visible via the viewfinder, but not on the LCD.

On my 1D MK IV, when I press the AF Selection button, the AF Selection is visible via the viewfinder AND on the LCD.

Any guidance greatly appreciated!

Aug 25, 2012 at 07:28 PM
Binh Ly
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · 5D MK III AF Button Question

In your settings 4th tab, there is something called "Info button display options". Go into that and make sure the "Display shooting functions" is checked. Then get out of the menu.

Now, press the Info button until you see the shooting functions screen on your back LCD. It is a full screen that shows all your camera settings. You may (or may not) need to press the Info button more than once to get to that screen.

Once you are currently showing the shooting functions screen on your back LCD, press the AF selection button and you should see all the AF points displayed on the back LCD and you can manipulate it by viewing the back LCD or the viewfinder.

Aug 25, 2012 at 08:35 PM
RudyProj

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · 5D MK III AF Button Question

Got it. Thanks Binh!!

Aug 25, 2012 at 08:51 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password