New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · LR4 Watermark on export ask for placement

zndr
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · LR4 Watermark on export ask for placement

So, like many people I have a bunch of different watermarks, position/color/boldness etc. Is there a way I can either pre set watermarks before export, or on export have it ask me where to place it for each photo in a batch of photos.

To give you more context, say I have 20 photos I'm trying to export, I've gone through the trouble of adding all my titles and description, now I'm exporting them, Each photo will need me to place the watermark from one of my presets, but not all the photos will be the same, is there a way I can go through and set which of my presets it will be using?

thanks,

-Zndr

Aug 24, 2012 at 05:54 PM
rickkoe

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · LR4 Watermark on export ask for placement

I make an export preset for each different watermark and add the watermark location to the title of the preset "top left", "middle right", etc. Define the appropriate watermark in each preset. Then select all the photos that need the watermark in the top left and export those with the "top left" export preset, next select all the photos that need a watermark middle right and export those with the "middle right" preset, etc. I don't believe there is any way to have it prompt you for each photo.

Aug 24, 2012 at 07:23 PM
zndr
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · LR4 Watermark on export ask for placement

Hmm. This works as a stop gap measure. Maybe I'll submit some feature requests to adobe.

Aug 24, 2012 at 07:25 PM
SeverianTL
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · LR4 Watermark on export ask for placement

I don't think Lightroom as any facility to associate a particular watermark with a specific image and to have those different watermarks applied during export. rickkoe has provided a nice workaround. A variation on that method would be to create unique and descriptive watermark preset names and include the appropriate name as a metadata keyword for photos that you want to use that preset on. Doing that will allow you to filter based on intended watermarks.

Aug 24, 2012 at 08:15 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.