Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · How do I do this?

eyelaser
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How do I do this?

Does anyone know how to add the copyright symbol on the 1D4 and/or 1Dx copyright screen. It looks like all I can do is put (c) or {c} or some variation of that. Can't understand why that symbol isn't preloaded?
Eric

Aug 24, 2012 at 04:15 AM
stanj
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How do I do this?

Try via the provided software and USB cable.

Aug 24, 2012 at 04:46 AM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How do I do this?

ALT + 0169

Hold ALT key down, and then on the number pad touch 0169

Aug 24, 2012 at 02:13 PM
S Dilworth
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How do I do this?

On a Mac that would be Option-G.

I can't help with entering it on the camera (but I noticed the Nikons are the same: maybe it's something to do with extended ASCII codes? I'm talking out of my hat here).

However, you don't strictly need the copyright symbol in a copyright notice. In fact, you don't need the notice, since copyright exists in the work automatically. But to make it clear to potential thieves that copyright exists, use the word Copyright in addition to your (c). Something like this would work: Copyright (c) 2012 Eye Laser.

Contrary to popular belief, the law isn't usually fussy about the wording of things, as long as it's precise and impossible to misconstrue.

Aug 24, 2012 at 02:28 PM
sritri
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How do I do this?

Eric : I can't find any proof while 'googling' but I remember reading that, of late, the law is to use the full word Copyright instead of (Alt+0169)

Aug 24, 2012 at 05:30 PM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How do I do this?

sritri wrote:
Eric : I can't find any proof while 'googling' but I remember reading that, of late, the law is to use the full word Copyright instead of (Alt+0169)

You can't find proof because, of late, the law is that you do not need to use the full word or the symbol.

I found this in less than a minute, googling: http://law.freeadvice.com/intellectual_property/copyright_law/copyright_mark_protection.htm

30 seconds later: http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ03.pdf Read the first sentence of that official US Copyright Office publication.

It's been this way since 1989 which is 23 years ago.

Aug 24, 2012 at 06:37 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · How do I do this?

Thanks everyone. I will try the software but I guess it really isnt that important. I can affix a copyright symbol using photoshop if and when I want to. I think they are pretty distracting at any rate.
Eric

Aug 26, 2012 at 01:17 PM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · How do I do this?

eyelaser wrote:
Thanks everyone. I will try the software but I guess it really isnt that important. I can affix a copyright symbol using photoshop if and when I want to. I think they are pretty distracting at any rate.

You don't have to put one on the picture with PS, you can put one in the EXIF metadata, in the Copyright Status information. See File --> File Info.

Aug 26, 2012 at 06:01 PM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · How do I do this?

Monito wrote:
You don't have to put one on the picture with PS, you can put one in the EXIF metadata, in the Copyright Status information. See File --> File Info.

right, just put it in the EXIF data

Aug 27, 2012 at 09:54 AM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · How do I do this?

Thanks everyone...I much prefer not having it appear on the posted photo anyway!
Eric

Aug 27, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · How do I do this?

You can even have a template with your basic info to fill in the three fields: Copyright Status, Copyright Notice, and Copyright URL. It can fill in a couple of other fields too: Author, Author Title.

Aug 27, 2012 at 01:06 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password