Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Poster critique

Grantland
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Poster critique

hi,

i was hired to make a football poster of the seniors with this years schedule on it. as usual i found inspiration from billy and other poster masters.

does this work?

thanks,

grant

Aug 24, 2012 at 04:03 AM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Poster critique

Yup... Works. Great job.

Aug 24, 2012 at 04:20 AM
Shane Psaltis
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Poster critique

The poster overall looks great my only critique is the player on the left #34 looks a little warped and the players in the middle on the bottom look a lot smaller than the players on both sides.

Otherwise I really like the poster . Fantastic idea. I REALLY like the lights on both sides on top. The layout really works.

I really appreciate your attention to detail and balance.

Shane

Aug 24, 2012 at 06:19 AM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Poster critique

Shane Psaltis wrote:
The poster overall looks great my only critique is the player on the left #34 looks a little warped and the players in the middle on the bottom look a lot smaller than the players on both sides.

I would agree, the players on the side look four times larger than those in the middle !

Aug 24, 2012 at 09:48 AM
rddayton
• • •
p.1 #5 · Poster critique

Let me prefiace this by saying that if Paul says it is Good to Go, I am in no way questioning hiim. I really like what you have done.

The only thing I noticed was the shoe and flipflops of the players in the front row. Can't see all the jersey numbers, but they are just behind the helmets (I can make out #13, #1, #30, #45 perhaps.) The jerseys and jeans are so uniform everywhere else -- but the white socks and the red shoelaces kind of bug me. Mask them with more clouds maybe?

Just my two cents.

Aug 24, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Next39
• •
p.1 #6 · Poster critique

As a constructive critique, I'm not wild about how the lights are different on the sides. On the left, they look like they're pointing down, but on the right, they look like they're pointing straight out. Maybe if you used the same for each side, but just flipped one of the layers horizontally? Just something that jumped out at me when I first looked at it.

Aug 24, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Grantland
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Poster critique

thank you to everyone for the critiques.

i will make some minor adjustments.

Aug 24, 2012 at 02:08 PM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · Poster critique

For me, the larger players in front don't bother me. It gives a sense that the team shot spanned an entire room from foreground to background.

Aug 24, 2012 at 02:39 PM
drbob
• • • •
p.1 #9 · Poster critique

Good work Grant...

Overall I like it but... the couple things that struck me were the lights seem to bright and draw my attention... perhaps lower their opacity a bit?
The distortion/warping of the edge players vs. the center players is an issue. Is that a single, wide focal length shot or a blend?

And... Wayzata has that many seniors!!! Hope they (and you) have a great year!

bb

Aug 24, 2012 at 02:39 PM
Tanner_J
• •
p.1 #10 · Poster critique

Looks good, one complaint. The fonts don't seem to match the design. It looks like you're trying to match the one with the 'W' in the logo, but the ones you're using just aren't as updated as the one the school has in their logo.

Aug 24, 2012 at 03:30 PM
Wolfr

p.1 #11 · Poster critique

(This is some advice from someone who is more of a graphic designer than photographer)

No reason to use small caps, full caps for trojan pride would be better

No reason to letterspace "Trojan Pride"

The poster would have to be printed at a huge format for the dates of the matches to be legible, try to use a more humanist typeface for the match data, a sans serif without too much decoration (frutiger/helvetica/myriad/...)

Your photo needs some profile correction, the middle players all look tiny compared to the ones on the side

It would be better to separate the picture from the match data using a large horizontal box instead of putting the separate matches in their own box (this will lead to a more peaceful design)

If possible get a vectorized version of each of the competitor logos and get rid of the white backgrounds, maybe make a white silhouette version of each logo.

Aug 24, 2012 at 05:40 PM
Grantland
• • • •
p.1 #12 · Poster critique

Wolfr wrote:
(This is some advice from someone who is more of a graphic designer than photographer)

No reason to use small caps, full caps for trojan pride would be better

No reason to letterspace "Trojan Pride"

The poster would have to be printed at a huge format for the dates of the matches to be legible, try to use a more humanist typeface for the match data, a sans serif without too much decoration (frutiger/helvetica/myriad/...)

Your photo needs some profile correction, the middle players all look tiny compared to the ones on the side

It would be better to separate the picture from the match data
...Show more

thank you very much!

Aug 25, 2012 at 01:28 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password