Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

rdcny
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

rdcny wrote:
A quick question to those who have this system...I purchased it for friends in Thailand and am not using it myself, so I need your expertise for a moment:

The 3 stop ND filter I received has very noticeable scratches at the very top of the filter - from cutting the filter to size (best guess); and then on the body of the filter, there are minor scratches/imperfections here and there...is this something to worry about on a 3 stop ND? In other words, will it affect image quality?

Advice appreciated - Thanks!

===========================================
OK I learned from Fotodiox (via Karrin who was quite prompt, kind and courteous in answering my question) that the rectangular filters such as the NDs and the Graduated NDs, come with a clear laminate covering both sides of the filter - and that laminate may looked scuff or peel slightly apart from the filter itself - making appear as though the filter has been scratched or otherwise damaged...It (the filter) is not...it is the laminate that has the problems. Once it is peeled away, the filter looks brand new.

By comparison, they do not use a laminate on the polarizer - that must look perfect as is...
Hope this helps for anyone receiving the filter system.

rdc/nyc

Apr 01, 2013 at 07:41 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.4 #2 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

Just to get this straight...
if i want the wonderpana ultra kit (ND filters, 66 system, cpl) for my 14mm it would be $1219
and +200 for the adapter for the 17Tse

basically $1400+tax?

Apr 01, 2013 at 10:42 PM
maxx9photo
• • • •
p.4 #3 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

How does this compare with Hitech Lucroit system?

Apr 01, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Emmet Otter
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #4 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

Sunny Sra wrote:
Just to get this straight...
if i want the wonderpana ultra kit (ND filters, 66 system, cpl) for my 14mm it would be $1219
and +200 for the adapter for the 17Tse

basically $1400+tax?

I am upset that they changed their systems. They used to have broken down systems with varying prices per lens. You also were able to buy just the adapter and the filters individually. Now its either $1219 complete system or don't buy at all. Rediculous!!!

I need a set up for my sigma 12-24 (non II) version.

Apr 05, 2013 at 01:49 PM
iAlan

p.4 #5 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

Fred Miranda wrote:
Dimitri,
I just got back from Yosemite and tested the Fotodiox WonderPana 66 on the Canon 17mm TS-E for many of my shots. I had not problems mounting it on the lens. It's actually a very precise fit. Are you aligning the adapter red-dot on the lens?
In my experience there is only one screw configuration that works with this lens. My experience was positive and I will post a little review soon.
PS: We really need the 77-145mm and 82-145mm adapters to use with other lenses asap!
Fred

Fred, I really looked forward to your review but didn't find it at the end of this thread. Did you post it elsewhere by any chance? I really would like to know if vignetting is an issue with 17 TS-E when fully shifted. Thank you in advance.

Mar 28, 2014 at 03:39 PM
iAlan

p.4 #6 · Fotodiox introduces two WonderPana Filter Systems

Does anyone know if Fred ever posted his promised review of the Fotodiox filter system? I'm very interested. Thanks.

Mar 29, 2014 at 07:53 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password