Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       5       6       end

Archive 2012 · The most controversial Canon ever?

abqnmusa
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · The most controversial Canon ever?

I voted for 7D due to the debate on tiny pixels and noise. I think that will outlast 1D III's.

Aug 24, 2012 at 03:20 PM
Sneakyracer
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · The most controversial Canon ever?

No contest, the 1D3 AF fiasco was news the world over! Rob Galbraith led the charge, I think hes a Nikon shooter now.

The only "controversy" with the 5D3 is the Nikon D800 , otherwise the 5D3 is the most complete Canon DSLR ever produced.

Aug 24, 2012 at 03:26 PM
timpdx
• • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · The most controversial Canon ever?

7D, boy did that cam kick up a $*#t storm.

Great camera, took mine on an around the world trip and was not disappointed.

Aug 24, 2012 at 03:26 PM
jerrykur
• • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · The most controversial Canon ever?

I vote for the 1DMK3. A lot of controversy. It has made the camera a great value in the used market.

Aug 24, 2012 at 03:48 PM
Gary Petersen
• • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · The most controversial Canon ever?

Lars Johnsson wrote:
Why do so many people here name all Canon bodies like 5Dii, 1Diii and 1Dsii
Instead of 5DII, 1DII and 1DsII
Or even 5D2, 1D2 and 1Ds2

Unless you go to a Catholic school they don't teach Roman Numerals to anyone.

Aug 24, 2012 at 04:23 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · The most controversial Canon ever?

Gary Petersen wrote:
Unless you go to a Catholic school they don't teach Roman Numerals to anyone.

Ok. but why replace a any number with the letter i. When you already have pressed the caps lock or shift for the D in 5D, it's even more easy to continue pressing it so you get 5DII instead of 5Dii

Aug 24, 2012 at 04:32 PM
Gary Petersen
• • • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · The most controversial Canon ever?

I agree Lars but since they don't know what a Roman Numeral is they don't know how to keep that shift key down.

Aug 24, 2012 at 04:35 PM
Jefferson
• • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · The most controversial Canon ever?

Lars Johnsson wrote:
Ok. but why replace a any number with the letter i. When you already have pressed the caps lock or shift for the D in 5D, it's even more easy to continue pressing it so you get 5DII instead of 5Dii

Public (Government) education, at least that's the case in the here in the States...

Aug 24, 2012 at 04:37 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · The most controversial Canon ever?

Gary Petersen wrote:
I agree Lars but since they don't know what a Roman Numeral is they don't know how to keep that shift key down.

Aug 24, 2012 at 04:38 PM
lexvo
• • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · The most controversial Canon ever?

jcolwell wrote:
Well, if you include cameras past and potential, the most controversial Canon of all time has to be the EOS650!

http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/camera/film/data/1986-1990/1987_eos650.html?lang=us&categ=crn&page=1986-1990

This marked the end of Canon FD manual focus lenses. All Canon users were in the awkward position that buying the new Canon camera meant that you had to buy all new lenses. At the time, I was shooting Pentax, and so I was fine.

Can you imagine... ?

I still have the 650, it was my first camera

Aug 24, 2012 at 04:39 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · The most controversial Canon ever?

jcolwell wrote:
Well, if you include cameras past and potential, the most controversial Canon of all time has to be the EOS650!

http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/camera/film/data/1986-1990/1987_eos650.html?lang=us&categ=crn&page=1986-1990

This marked the end of Canon FD manual focus lenses. All Canon users were in the awkward position that buying the new Canon camera meant that you had to buy all new lenses. At the time, I was shooting Pentax, and so I was fine.

Can you imagine... ?

+1

And I was also shooting Pentax

Aug 24, 2012 at 04:41 PM
Gary Petersen
• • • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · The most controversial Canon ever?

After years of travel in a semi my 1DIII finally had a bad thing happen. I'm sure Canon will fix it for me next time I'm home.

Aug 24, 2012 at 05:05 PM
SethD
• •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · The most controversial Canon ever?

My vote goes for the original Pellix - the first SLR to do away with the flipping mirror.

Aug 24, 2012 at 05:19 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · The most controversial Canon ever?

lexvo wrote:
I still have the 650, it was my first camera

I actually was still using it almost right up until I finally thought digital was good enough to give up film and got a 20D. The shutter went dead two years before though during a trip so I had a Rebel2000 to tie me over until I got the 20D.

Aug 24, 2012 at 05:34 PM
alundeb
• • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · The most controversial Canon ever?

Only concering image quality, the 7D. No contest.

Aug 24, 2012 at 05:35 PM
Psychic1
• • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · The most controversial Canon ever?

I never thought of the 1DIII AF problem as a controversy, Canon made a mistake and made good with a recall.

I know, some still had a problem and it has given them years of conversation.

My 1DIII and 1DsIII work fine.

Aug 24, 2012 at 05:37 PM
anthonygh
• • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · The most controversial Canon ever?

Not on the list...but my vote would be the T90.

There was camera design pre the T90...and what we have now!!

Aug 24, 2012 at 05:38 PM
rscheffler
• • • • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · The most controversial Canon ever?

Gary Petersen wrote:
After years of travel in a semi my 1DIII finally had a bad thing happen. I'm sure Canon will fix it for me next time I'm home.

Gary, that's nothing!

Here's one of my 1DIIIs... BTW, it still works fine, just there is a line through the image! I took it to Canon and the CPS rep asked if I was sure it wasn't a hair, then took it back to the techs where they probably had a good laugh. The quote was about $1500 for sensor replacement. Since the camera isn't even worth that much on the used market, I decided to decline. My insurance deductible is $1000, so again, not really worth it...

Cracked sensor cover glass

Cracked sensor cover glass

Aug 24, 2012 at 05:44 PM
Gary Petersen
• • • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · The most controversial Canon ever?

Mine now gives the dreaded error 99 and keeps thinking the battery is dead. We'll find out what they say next time I get home.

Aug 24, 2012 at 06:01 PM
EOS20
• • • • • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · The most controversial Canon ever?

D60 - Supply problems meant it was hard to find one, and there were a few problems with the camera, it was replaced one year later by the 10D.

300D - No manual metering mode, had allot of hidden features from the 10D that were eventually unlocked by a firmware hack, cheap feeling plastic body, only available in silver until a limited edition black 300D was launched near the end of the product cycle, Error 99 issues when using third party lenses.

30D - A 20D with bigger LCD screen, ISO in viewfinder and a few minor changes.

40D - 10mp sensor while the 450D got a 12mp sensor, and the low resolution LCD screen.

50D - First Canon sensor to feature gapless microlenses and people complained about soft images, and high ISO performance was worse then the 40D.

60D - First XXD series camera to get a plastic body and caused controversy and is often referred to as a 'Super Rebel', lack of the AF micro adjust feature.

7D - 18mp on a APS-C sensor and people complaining about AF accuracy, it was also the first Canon camera to feature the new Canon translucent LCD viewfinder with no option for interchangeable focusing screens.

5D - Some copies had the mirror fall out.

5D Mk II - No improvement made to the autofocus system, banding problems.

5D Mk III - Priced higher then Nikon D800 and no real significant improvement in megapixels over the Mk II.

1D Mk III - Autofocus issues that canon kept denying and then they finally admitted there was a problem and all the issues with trying to come up with a fix that actually worked.

1Dx - Only 18mp, and now merges the 1D and 1Ds lines which is controversial for those who need a high megapixel camera for studio work.

Aug 24, 2012 at 07:30 PM
1       2      

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password