New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Digital Art, Smartphone & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Curves, Textures, & Lines of human body

shortpballer
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Curves, Textures, & Lines of human body

Enjoy

PS: no photoshop, just b&w conversion in Capture One.

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:30 AM
lylejk
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Curves, Textures, & Lines of human body

Love the low key Chiroscuro monochromatics. Excellent perspective on partial nudes too.

Aug 23, 2012 at 09:54 PM
shortpballer
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Curves, Textures, & Lines of human body

lylejk wrote:
Love the low key Chiroscuro monochromatics. Excellent perspective on partial nudes too.

Low key Chiroscuro monochromatics? Wow, not familiar with that. Can you explain

Aug 24, 2012 at 02:52 AM
lylejk
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Curves, Textures, & Lines of human body

Chiroscuro is an art process that blends light and dark elements to dramatic effect. low key as opposed to high key. Monochromatic needs no additional elaboration.

Aug 24, 2012 at 04:34 PM
shortpballer
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Curves, Textures, & Lines of human body

Thanks, it was just the word chiroscuro that I did not understand

Aug 25, 2012 at 04:23 AM
jamach
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Curves, Textures, & Lines of human body

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiaroscuro

if you enroll in a graduate or undergraduate fine art photography program you might learn to get more out of that p25 thing

Joe

Aug 25, 2012 at 10:17 AM
shortpballer
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Curves, Textures, & Lines of human body

jamach wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiaroscuro

if you enroll in a graduate or undergraduate fine art photography program you might learn to get more out of that p25 thing

Joe

I'm not sure if thats an attack or not? But I'm self-taught and am currently in one of the largest galleries in Paris. For me art is something you either have or don't. Its a sense of expression and outlet. I asked because I was not familiar with the term, and now that I asked, I am familiar. And my P25 thing is just a tool I use to express my art, I can create the same art with a canon 20D. Photography is about the ability to capture light, not how advanced your camera is...

Aug 25, 2012 at 12:46 PM
jamach
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Curves, Textures, & Lines of human body

no attack at all, Cartier-Bresson knew what it was, as do most photographer artists. Atget knew what it was. Barthes knew what it was. Sontag knew what it was. Foucalt knew what it was.Since you did not know I wondered what else you don't know about photography, not that I know it all. But not knowing the very basic terms and concepts is not good, in my book anyway.

So, I am glad you are self taught and have a large gallery in Paris. Just think if you knew some of the foundations of the photographic arts, your work might just improve.

And thanks for saying one can still succeed and not know the concepts of photography. But since I lack such capability for me it has been an arduous journey of one step forward and two steps back, and I am still learning, and fear that I will never know enough

Joe

Aug 25, 2012 at 03:57 PM
shortpballer
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Curves, Textures, & Lines of human body

jamach wrote:
no attack at all, Cartier-Bresson knew what it was, as do most photographer artists. Atget knew what it was. Barthes knew what it was. Sontag knew what it was. Foucalt knew what it was.Since you did not know I wondered what else you don't know about photography, not that I know it all. But not knowing the very basic terms and concepts is not good, in my book anyway.

So, I am glad you are self taught and have a large gallery in Paris. Just think if you knew some of the foundations of the photographic arts, your work might just
...Show more

To me education is just education. In the art world whatever is already known and has been done is just as you said, "the basics". Photography is a medium of art that has not yet been explored to its fullest potential. I agree with you that there are basics that are needed. This is the reason I'm on this forum. I do wish that I had the opportunity to go to a photography school. However, I did not discover photography until my last year studying as a civil engineer. I left my engineering life behind to be a photographer in Paris.

Aug 25, 2012 at 05:24 PM
jamach
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Curves, Textures, & Lines of human body

well, it sounds like engineering has served you well - you have a thriving business and have a medium format camera, and now doing what your passion needs and wants. So, my advice should be limited because I am still trying to graduate from survival in art. But I am committed and will not be pursuing other avenues.

If you find something on my website you think would sell, please let me know, and then I can learn how to deal with Art Galleries, in Paris no less. I did have a showing here but it did not go well - someone stole some of my pictures from the Gallery. Bad scene...

Joe

Aug 25, 2012 at 07:43 PM
shortpballer
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Curves, Textures, & Lines of human body

jamach wrote:
well, it sounds like engineering has served you well - you have a thriving business and have a medium format camera, and now doing what your passion needs and wants. So, my advice should be limited because I am still trying to graduate from survival in art. But I am committed and will not be pursuing other avenues.

If you find something on my website you think would sell, please let me know, and then I can learn how to deal with Art Galleries, in Paris no less. I did have a showing here but it did not go well -
...Show more

Engineering did absolutely Nothing for business wise, as I went straight to Paris after finishing collège. Everything Photography that I have is due to hardwork, taking shoots when I can. I now live with absolutely no luxuries and some days no food on thé table. But my gear allows me to make money, so it is more important than having à coffee in thé morning or à steak for dinner.

Aug 26, 2012 at 10:09 AM
rbn920
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Curves, Textures, & Lines of human body

I like the set. I find the fist the most interesting. The textures and light are beautifully done.

Aug 26, 2012 at 10:52 AM
shortpballer
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Curves, Textures, & Lines of human body

rbn920 wrote:
I like the set. I find the fist the most interesting. The textures and light are beautifully done.

Thank You Was just messing around the other day with some different lighting techniques.

Aug 26, 2012 at 01:15 PM

FM Forums | Digital Art, Smartphone & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.