Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2012 · FM Exclusive: 1DX does rare Pelagic pijun (the show has ended, sorry)

OwlsEyes
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · FM Exclusive: 1DX does rare Pelagic pijun (the show has ended, sorry)

Beautiful images... quite unique too. Definitely razor sharp.

cheers,
bruce

Aug 23, 2012 at 09:17 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · FM Exclusive: 1DX does rare Pelagic pijun (the show has ended, sorry)

Thank you, Bruce, good gears really help, particularly the mighty 300 f/2.8 IS.

Aug 23, 2012 at 09:22 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · FM Exclusive: 1DX does rare Pelagic pijun (the show has ended, sorry)

Peter, I missed the opening shots but the two swimming, floating Coops are stunning and unique at the same time. I guess global warming will have these guys swimming as sea levels rise to the treetops...or maybe not
I enjoyed your short stay at N&W but glad you posted your mutant pijuns and I found them!
Eric

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Stoffer
• • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · FM Exclusive: 1DX does rare Pelagic pijun (the show has ended, sorry)

Jim Victory wrote:
Love that last shot. Excellent detail!

Jim

Yes, I Got a chance to check that one out before it was gone. Wonderful shot.

And Nice to see that you're getting some love out of the 1D X, Peter!

Aug 24, 2012 at 12:26 AM
rscheffler
• • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · FM Exclusive: 1DX does rare Pelagic pijun (the show has ended, sorry)

PetKal wrote:
Thanx Jim, congratulations on your 1DX.

PetKal wrote:
... why not make a Canadian 1DX showcase picture thread in a week's time or so. ... I'll be in touch.

jcolwell wrote:

I'm in.

Yeah, sounds good, though I really have not produced anything of significance with the X yet... I believe Khurram also has one...

Aug 24, 2012 at 12:47 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · FM Exclusive: 1DX does rare Pelagic pijun (the show has ended, sorry)

eyelaser wrote:
Peter, I missed the opening shots but the two swimming, floating Coops are stunning and unique at the same time. I guess global warming will have these guys swimming as sea levels rise to the treetops...or maybe not
I enjoyed your short stay at N&W but glad you posted your mutant pijuns and I found them!
Eric

Hi Eric, the African master......yeah, that's a neat vision, hawks and falcons swimming in our lakes and rivers.

Aug 24, 2012 at 06:09 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · FM Exclusive: 1DX does rare Pelagic pijun (the show has ended, sorry)

Stoffer wrote:
Yes, I Got a chance to check that one out before it was gone. Wonderful shot.

And Nice to see that you're getting some love out of the 1D X, Peter!

Thank you, Stoffer.

Aug 24, 2012 at 06:11 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · FM Exclusive: 1DX does rare Pelagic pijun (the show has ended, sorry)

rscheffler wrote:
Yeah, sounds good, though I really have not produced anything of significance with the X yet... I believe Khurram also has one...

Ron, there is no timetable to rush here, when you accumulate some stuff, we may look into posting a few pictures each, from wildlife to sports etc.

Aug 24, 2012 at 06:13 AM
fraga
• • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · FM Exclusive: 1DX does rare Pelagic pijun (the show has ended, sorry)

Amazing!

Thanks for sharing.

I envy you, my friend.
I truly do.

Aug 24, 2012 at 06:40 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · FM Exclusive: 1DX does rare Pelagic pijun (the show has ended, sorry)

fraga wrote:
Amazing!

Thanks for sharing.

I envy you, my friend.
I truly do.

Thank you, Luis my friend, but you do remember that Lady Luck favours drunkards and fools.

Aug 24, 2012 at 06:55 AM
khng30
• •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · FM Exclusive: 1DX does rare Pelagic pijun (the show has ended, sorry)

Where did the beautiful pictures go? Amazing detail from your combo! Why the limited viewing opportunity? We don't get to come back and revisit?

Looking forward to more from your new 'gears' !

Kim

Aug 24, 2012 at 07:01 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · FM Exclusive: 1DX does rare Pelagic pijun (the show has ended, sorry)

khng30 wrote:
Where did the beautiful pictures go? Amazing detail from your combo! Why the limited viewing opportunity? We don't get to come back and revisit?

Looking forward to more from your new 'gears' !

Kim

Thanx Kim, please keep an eye on a "Canadian 1DX thread".......it will not be long.
Out with the old stuff, in with the new.

As an epilogue, this is the last shot I got of the bird before it flew away, wet but perfectly healthy and fit. If I didn't try to reposition myself better vis-a vis the bird, perhaps it would have posed for me a bit longer.

Edited on Aug 24, 2012 at 08:58 PM · View previous versions

Aug 24, 2012 at 07:51 PM
khng30
• •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · FM Exclusive: 1DX does rare Pelagic pijun (the show has ended, sorry)

Wow!
Still amazed at all the detail. Can't wait to see more from the best Canon has to offer!

Aug 24, 2012 at 08:08 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · FM Exclusive: 1DX does rare Pelagic pijun (the show has ended, sorry)

Thanx Kim.....and you are right, 1DX is not perfect, but I believe it redefines the term "pro grade camera". "Built like a tank" just ain't good enough any longer in itself, the camera has to perform on that level too.

Aug 24, 2012 at 08:20 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.