Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Model Trains

robert61
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Model Trains

When engineer Bruce Chubb built his model train set, he had to build a house just to contain them. He started when he was 4 years old, and it now requires 2 dispatchers to run them (first photo is one of the two dispatcher stations). People come from many states to see it and use the wireless radio controls to drive them.

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:46 PM
mike717
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Model Trains

Now that's some obsession and must be quite a sight to see working. Cool series!

Mike

Aug 23, 2012 at 01:08 PM
nrferguson
• • •
p.1 #3 · Model Trains

I find it strange how model railways (roads) are so different on opposite sides of the Atlantic. I model in the UK in O gauge (7mm to the foot) and we tend to have far less track packed into a layout and (no slight intended) go for a more realistic viewing experience (not saying one better than the other - just very different). Here are a few shots of my own rolling stock on various iterations of our club layout.
Niall

Caledonian Ry 2-4-0 from about 1880

Caledonian 2-4-0 on period train

Fairbairn 2-6-4T on train (circa 1948-50 period)

Aug 23, 2012 at 01:42 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Model Trains

They are not train sets! You have xmas trees on your mind.

I modeled the west on my layout, The Inyo & White Mountain Railroad.

Aug 24, 2012 at 09:29 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

nrferguson
• • •
p.1 #5 · Model Trains

Jeffrey that is most impressive, a real attempt to recreate an historical period.
Niall

Aug 24, 2012 at 09:56 PM
DLP
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Model Trains

Nice images Robert. If you ever get near Detroit and want to see the Train Display at The Henry Ford at Christmas just drop me a line. I often have passes.
For any train lovers in the mid-west I can't say enough about the Christmas display at the Eiteljorg in downtown Indianapolis. One of the most awesome train displays ever with re-creations of many of the National park Lodges and national land marks.

Dave

Aug 24, 2012 at 11:51 PM
douter
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Model Trains

Would be nice to see some really wide shots of the layout here. I wonder though, why the trains are not "weathered" for greater realism.
Douglas

Aug 25, 2012 at 01:40 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password