New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Digital Art, Smartphone & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Midnight Work

Ballistics
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Midnight Work

Without giving any background information about this photo, I would like to know what you think about it.

Aug 22, 2012 at 07:51 PM
jamach
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Midnight Work

It's an abstract picture since it retains some connection to representational information such as legs and feet. The perspective is reinforced by tonal manipulation and chiaroscuro. Sharp plasticity helps define and shape the elements. The contrasts help the visual elements gain a 3d look. Additionally, the blue toenails are metaphorical as is the direction of the legs and feet. It appears to be a woman's legs and feet because no hair is visible on the legs, and in this culture that has typically meant female. Moreover, the object the legs and feet are resting on helps the energy flow and movement from low to high, and could also be metaphorical. I don't know about the red dot on top, though. All the metaphors suggest a linguistic theme. Essentially the image conveys some statement but subjective analysis is the outcome. Thus, as with abstracts, we make of them what our experience, cultural and otherwise, influence us to interpret them as. We may have shared meaning of the image, and so have similar understanding.

I hope this helps, nice picture!

Joe

Aug 22, 2012 at 08:51 PM
Ballistics
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Midnight Work

jamach wrote:
It's an abstract picture since it retains some connection to representational information such as legs and feet. The perspective is reinforced by tonal manipulation and chiaroscuro. Sharp plasticity helps define and shape the elements. The contrasts help the visual elements gain a 3d look. Additionally, the blue toenails are metaphorical as is the direction of the legs and feet. It appears to be a woman's legs and feet because no hair is visible on the legs, and in this culture that has typically meant female. Moreover, the object the legs and feet are resting on helps the energy flow and
...Show more

Well that is a very impressive and well thought out analysis of the image. The red dot at the top is actually the tail light of a vehicle. Maybe this gives a little more context to the image? This is the final image of a series that I photographed.

Aug 22, 2012 at 10:44 PM

FM Forums | Digital Art, Smartphone & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.