Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · New office - new stuff

ckhagen
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New office - new stuff

I had an office for a few years in a commercial space that was nice but had some issues and when the planner and florist I was leasing with decided to move, it kind of left me high and dry trying to find a place to rent in this high priced market.

Well, I finally moved (I've been wanting to move out of my home for about 8 years) into a new house and the reason I chose to lease this house is because it had a great little office space built on to the back. The office space actually has it's own entrance and dedicated driveway. I'm also now only about 350ft to the beach with private access which is wonderful for my beach portrait business. I'm really hoping to get lots of clients into the office for in-house proofing now. It's a little bit of a challenge because they're on vacation and really don't want to dedicate one of their mornings to buying wall galleries and I have to turn sets around in 12-24hrs. But I have a few local friends who pull it off about 50% of the time and when it all works out right, the money is much better.

So... I'm waiting on a few new canvases since some of the ones I had don't fit (notice the lack of wall space? yeah, that sucks). But I've done a few meetings here so far and the clients really seem to like how convenient my location is now.

I also re-worked some of my materials for consults. Still waiting on my full magazines to come in that will be paired with the pricing booklet I have in there, but overall I'm pretty happy with how it looks!

I'm crossing my fingers that this season is better than the last few

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:01 PM
MattSepeta
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New office - new stuff

Very cool setup. I would do anything for a beach to be that close to my office- which currently overlooks a freeway overpass

I love the "Congrats" booklet too, looks great.

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Jon-Mark
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New office - new stuff

I love your branded packaging you give out, I hope to develop something like this once weddings cool down for this year.

stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New office - new stuff

Awesome, that all white/bright setup seems to mach your style/brand perfectly

bwield
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New office - new stuff

Really like.

Enjoy it.

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New office - new stuff

Very nice!

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:15 PM
XPO239
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New office - new stuff

Your packet looks really awesome! I need to get on your level.

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:17 PM
ai3x
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · New office - new stuff

Looks great, really loving that welcome package, I need to take note!

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Ziffl3
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · New office - new stuff

fantastic setup Candice!! sweetness

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Allan Summers
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · New office - new stuff

Looks awesome! Btw, design aglow?

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ckhagen
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · New office - new stuff

Thanks y'all!

Allan, yes Design Aglow Tres Chic for the pricing booklet.

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:50 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · New office - new stuff

Out of curiosity, have you found that having these nicely designed packets actually impacts your booking rate substantially?

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:06 AM
ACRe
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · New office - new stuff

Another website bookmarked -- thanks again Candice.

Andrew

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:21 AM
ckhagen
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · New office - new stuff

No clue yet Kurtis. I've only done a few meetings and they were mostly with a planner who is notorious for not being entirely up front about vendor pricing with clients before they meet. I would've gone an extra mile to be sure to pre-qualify them a little better, but figured I would just use them as trial runs for the new place anyways so I didn't bother. Two have been in the last two days so I'm waiting to hear back from them. That said, they both commented on the materials and both seemed impressed that they were personalized. The details sheet lists some facts for their wedding date like sunset time and cutoff days of guest book orders and such.

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Jon-Mark
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · New office - new stuff

Do you hand write on the materials to fill in these details or are they printed?

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:29 AM
ckhagen
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · New office - new stuff

They're printed. Everything except the booklet and business card is printed by me. So before each meeting I'm just changing the details on that card and printing it out.

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:30 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · New office - new stuff

Very nice, Candice! I have to get in that long line of envious people about where you live. The booklet is just exceptional. How is the magazine, other than the look (I presume more glossy), going to differ from your pricing booklet? Is the pricing booklet a little on the nuts and bolts, and the magazine tells stories about your photography and clients?

Aug 23, 2012 at 01:06 AM
ckhagen
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · New office - new stuff

The magazine will have a thicker cover stock on the outside and more pages. If I remember correctly it's about 20 pages? I'm just waiting on one person to get back to me with some copy I need for it.

The pricing booklet has a welcome letter, describes my style and approach, has a list of the collections with prices and included products, a brief FAQ covering very basic stuff, and photos of the albums.
The a la carte menu included has a breakdown of extras outside of the collections that they can add on.

The magazine has interviews with clients, reviews from clients, helpful info about what to wear for engagement sessions, timing on the wedding day, timeline for what to expect with turnaround and product delivery, photos and descriptions of wedding details I've loved, recommendations for vendors, and a much more extensive FAQ.

Aug 23, 2012 at 01:23 AM
johnrg
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · New office - new stuff

The new digs and printed materials look awesome, Candice.

Edited on Aug 23, 2012 at 04:18 AM · View previous versions

Aug 23, 2012 at 02:14 AM
mcarriere987
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · New office - new stuff

Do you go with MAGCLOUD for the magazine Candice?

Aug 23, 2012 at 03:07 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password