Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2012 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

Lisa_Holloway
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

Since I love shooting seniors, I decided to start a senior rep program this year - I kind of threw it together last minute, but so far, it seems to be working well! I'm already getting referrals and bookings from my reps and school just started! You can see my first senior rep here.

This is just a totally random share - and probably an over-share too...lol

First up is Mariah. This girl must have done some modeling in the past - she was completely at ease in front of the camera and could pose herself amazingly well with very little guidance. Gotta love that! We got 'counseled' by the railroad cops for using a tunnel underneath the tracks - we were nowhere near being on the actual tracks themselves and I had no idea the tunnel was off-limits. At least we'd already taken photos there. Kind of embarrassing though. lol

The infamous railroad tunnel...

This just about made me lose my lunch...lol

And I've been LOVING incorporating a bit of OCF in each of my shoots. I'm still learning but I'm starting to get the hang of it I think.

Next up is Miss Katie - she was sent to me by the first rep I shot linked above. We almost got the car stuck in the middle of a usually dry lake bed - didn't realize it was nasty mud until we were halfway across it, fishtailing, and spinning the tires. Really lucky we managed to get out. Always an adventure! I've just barely started editing her pics...

After almost getting stuck in the lake bed, we decided to go to the other side of the road and do some pics. Just as were were packing it up to go home, I saw the storm clouds, sunset, and the road leading right into it. I couldn't resist this shot! FWIW, you can see for miles on both sides of this road - aka there was no danger doing these. Someone always has to say something, so I wanted to put that out there.

Next up is Becca, my shy-ish band girl. She describes herself as an 'awkward turtle.' I think she's gorgeous and she was a lot of fun to work with!

A little OCF on the rocks...

And her with her sax...love this one.

And I've just barely started working on these next 2 sessions, but this is Natalie. She's a really sporty/athletic girl and was a lot of fun to work with!

We almost got run off by lightning here - the weather was not cooperating so well the day of her shoot.

And her dirtbike!

Last but not least is Alli...again, just started working on her session. I haven't got any sessions for the next week so I'm going to try to catch up on editing. I'm so behind right now!

Edited on Aug 26, 2012 at 07:10 PM · View previous versions

Aug 22, 2012 at 06:51 PM
sfr002
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

Great set! The ones on the spinning thing are fantastic!

Aug 22, 2012 at 06:59 PM
boingyman
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

If I had to show examples of portraits with POP, you would be a excellent example of that. Love the spinning ones also.

Aug 22, 2012 at 07:36 PM
ScooberJake
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

You've been holding out on us...

Great stuff as usual. Not numbered but 6 is perfection.

Aug 22, 2012 at 07:38 PM
Ernie Aubert
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

You do some magnificent work, Lisa!

Aug 22, 2012 at 08:35 PM
Uzay
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

great job Lisa as usual, once you gave details about the lighting and processing but can't find them , could you please explain again?

Aug 22, 2012 at 08:41 PM
Sodonn
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

Pfft! All flippin amazing. Fantastic job!

Aug 22, 2012 at 09:50 PM
kvandrews
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

Wow! Taken aback. All are just....... I mean they are really nice. The ones at the rocks are completely off the chain! Thanks for sharing these.

Edited on Aug 22, 2012 at 11:43 PM · View previous versions

Aug 22, 2012 at 10:23 PM
prairietom

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

Lisa, What is the tunnel for? I mean besides photography. I would think it is for animals or people to use instead of crossing the tracks.

Aug 22, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Nikons4Me

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

You sure do nice work Lisa. I'm sure your seniors must be very happy with these images.
regards
Ed

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:49 PM

AW18

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

love, love, love them all, especially the spinning shots.

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:51 AM
danchez
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

ugh, those boots in #2, what was she thinking? ha ha ha

love the one where she is standing in the middle of the road, great image.

thanks for sharing.

Aug 23, 2012 at 02:20 AM
sumiyaka

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

I really like #4 of Becca (on the steps). For some reason, I don't like #3 within that same set. It just doesn't seem mesh well with all the other pictures you posted (maybe it is the way the wind is catching her shirt?).

All of your seniors images here make a pretty amazing set . Thank you for sharing.

Aug 23, 2012 at 02:51 AM
Old50

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

All amazing! I'm inspired, and I'm your newest fan! Thanks to Rob for pointing me to your work! I aspire to be this good some day! What I wouldn't give to look over your shoulder during post. I don't imagine it gets better than this!

Aug 23, 2012 at 02:56 AM
davenfl
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

Absolutely stunning work as usual Lisa, beautiful young ladies made even more so by your talent. Small Nit by the way, the 2nd image of the gal in the green jacket/black top (9th image I guess), PP the mud off the right sole of her black platform pumps, not in keeping with the classy image you shot.

Dave

Aug 23, 2012 at 02:59 AM
DaveOls
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

Are all the girls where you live this attractive? It must be the water.
Great pictures and exposures. I've always admired your work.

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Gary Schmeidle
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

Gorgeous work Lisa! Processing is excellent. Really like the creativity of the spinning shots and your OCF work really adds a new dimension to your services.

Beautiful young ladies by the way and you have really brought this out in your work.

Thanks for sharing.

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:24 PM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

Aug 23, 2012 at 01:26 PM
misternikko
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

excellent excellent work of beautiful girls. The first set was my favorite, guessing yours too since you put it first. Def was the strongest set.

Id drift away from the squatting pose I see in almost every session though, its not very flattering.

Nevertheless, great stuff here and thanks for sharing!

Aug 23, 2012 at 01:34 PM
marti.g3
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Seniors, Seniors, Seniors. And More Seniors. :D

Hey Lisa, how did you set up your rep program ? Did you go to the school, or know someone who got you in the door or ?? I have three local HS's that are in the upper income level that I want to try to develop the same program. I know they have none.

Aug 23, 2012 at 01:56 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password