Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 12MP Nikon Coolpix P7700 announced

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 12MP Nikon Coolpix P7700 announced

The Nikon Coolpix P7700 is the successor to the point-and-shoot P7100, and features several refinements for greater control and imaging capabilities.
Much of the technology has been retained from the predecessor, such as the 1/1.7-sized sensor, large 3.0 articulating LCD monitor, 28-200mm (35mm equivalent) NIKKOR ED lens and full manual controls.

The P7700 strays in innovative fashion by integrating the ability to command and control auxiliary speedlights, a larger maximum aperture of f/2.0 and an increase in effective resolution up to 12.2 megapixels. There is no plan to offer an electronic viewfinder, nor a hot-shoe-mounted optical viewfinder either.

Product Highlights:
  • 12.2MP CMOS Sensor
  • 3" Display With 921K Resolution
  • 7.1x 28-200mm Zoom Lens (35mm Equiv.)
  • f/2.0 Maximum Aperture
  • High-Speed Shooting at Up to 8 FPS with Tracking Auto Focus
The Coolpix P7700 is currently available for pre-order. ($499.95)

Aug 22, 2012 at 06:00 PM
niXer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 12MP Nikon Coolpix P7700 announced

I think this is a good update but I wish they went a bit further. Dream camera is Nikon 1 speed/sensor + this body.

I don't care too much about the lack of viewfinder. I thought I'd need it but the way you shoot with this camera, it really isn't needed and the one on my P7000 is pretty much useless, not 100% coverage, distorted and basically a plastic porthole.

Really intrigued by the commander mode as that is something I wanted for awhile. Also f/2 is nice, but wish it was f/1.8 but pretty cool they reduced it to f/2-4. Don't care too much about 12MP, 10MP is just fine for me and at least this actually has a grip.

But really starting to concern me how Nikon has basically turned this P&S into Canon's style of ergonomics while Canon has gone to Nikon's style.

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:45 AM
ytwong
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 12MP Nikon Coolpix P7700 announced

Looks good to me... I actually prefer CP WITHOUT the crap viewfinder to make it smaller. but I just got a RX-100 so I am not going to spend much on another compact.

Commander mode sounds interesting.

I think a so called 1" sensor with 28-200 equiv lens would be much bigger, and would kill Nikon 1 sales too.

Aug 23, 2012 at 05:00 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password