Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List
  

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2012 · Shooting on las Vegas strip laws?
  
 
Jeff Babineau
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Shooting on las Vegas strip laws?


Gonna be shooting a wedding for a friend in in downtown las vegas . Just wondering if there are laws about photographing a bride and groom on the streets of las Vegas ?


Aug 22, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Tony Hoffer
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Shooting on las Vegas strip laws?


Not really, but if you look like your shooting at/near a casino, you'll probably be ushered along. I recommend Old Vegas.


Aug 22, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Serious
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Shooting on las Vegas strip laws?


No laws. You are allowed to shoot on any public street or sidewalk in America with no restrictions


Aug 22, 2012 at 01:21 PM
Micky Bill
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Shooting on las Vegas strip laws?


Serious wrote:
No laws. You are allowed to shoot on any public street or sidewalk in America with no restrictions


...not really. If you are doing a commercial photo shoot you probably need a permit. If you are taking personal pictures and are not impeding pedestrian traffic you can pretty much do what you want.
The op wants do a commercial shoot. There will be restrictions.

Whether a casino has any authority to hustle you away from a public sidewalk is iffy at best. Only the police can tell you what to do in public areas. On private property like a casino their security will tell you to leave.



Aug 22, 2012 at 02:40 PM
sboerup
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Shooting on las Vegas strip laws?


I'd venture to say this is NOT a commercial shoot, only in the sense of financial gain. If you are shooting wedding portraits on the streets and have to block people and stop traffic then you are doing it wrong.

You'll be fine, just plan for lots of people is all.



Aug 22, 2012 at 04:30 PM
zalmyb
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Shooting on las Vegas strip laws?


Do a google search for the last genesis workshop reviews. It was in Vegas and included a bunch of shoots on the strip...


Aug 22, 2012 at 04:34 PM
lisy78
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Shooting on las Vegas strip laws?


make sure you get a shot of the bride and groom holding at least 50 each of the little porn cards the illegals on the strip hand out. That was so freaking weird... and fun... I collected a bunch and then inconspicuously dropped them into the goodie bags of WPPI attendees while on the trade floor.


Aug 22, 2012 at 04:50 PM
form
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · Shooting on las Vegas strip laws?


lisy78 wrote:
make sure you get a shot of the bride and groom holding at least 50 each of the little porn cards the illegals on the strip hand out. That was so freaking weird... and fun... I collected a bunch and then inconspicuously dropped them into the goodie bags of WPPI attendees while on the trade floor.


How nice of you.

OP see my pm. Now, to finish the last wedding from August...



Aug 22, 2012 at 06:13 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



FLSTCSAM
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · Shooting on las Vegas strip laws?


I haven't been to Las Vegas in a long time, but the last time I was there I took my camera everywhere outside, inside, etc without any problems.

Sam



Aug 22, 2012 at 06:33 PM
Micky Bill
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · Shooting on las Vegas strip laws?


sboerup wrote:
I'd venture to say this is NOT a commercial shoot, only in the sense of financial gain. If you are shooting wedding portraits on the streets and have to block people and stop traffic then you are doing it wrong.

You'll be fine, just plan for lots of people is all.


Since the op is being paid by a client Its a commercial job, just a tiny one compared to other types of commercial jobs and no one will complain unless things get out of hand. Actually 99.9% of the people will think its sweet and not complain. Then you run into the hard ass deputy who wants to put his or her foot down. Other cities have other rules and I come from a money hungry municipality that requires permits for everything.

What happens in vegas stays in vegas.



Aug 22, 2012 at 06:40 PM
boingyman
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · Shooting on las Vegas strip laws?


I don't think you'll have to worry about anything if you stay on the streets. On private property you may or may not have any issues.


Aug 22, 2012 at 07:18 PM
Jeff Babineau
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · Shooting on las Vegas strip laws?


not being paid by the client. they are friends of mine and I am attending the weding. yes i am a Professional (make my living at photography and do travel for destination weddings) but this is a fun trip for me and my portfolio .
We have the Neon Museum booked and will have 1 hour to shoot there. (kinda seeing allot of the same stuff posted from there and hope to get some different stuff)
THANK YOU form for the great tips on shooting in different places. looked at your work and we are very similar style in our shooting we should hang out.



Aug 22, 2012 at 07:28 PM
imaginephotoaz
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · Shooting on las Vegas strip laws?


We just shot on and near the strip two weekends ago. We had no problems, and the cops were riding by on bicycles. We even engaged two cops asking them to handcuff our couple at one point. They politely declined, but had no issue with us shooting on Freemont, in the streets nearby, and on sidewalks and near casinos.

Also, we shot in and around Bellagio and had zero issues (but we have connections there).

Most casinos wont let you shoot near or on the games, but you can get away with a sneak attack if you have them jump on a game, have your settings correct, and just pop in and blast a shot and leave within 30 seconds. We did that at a small casino.




Aug 22, 2012 at 09:29 PM
imaginephotoaz
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · Shooting on las Vegas strip laws?


lisy78 wrote:
make sure you get a shot of the bride and groom holding at least 50 each of the little porn cards the illegals on the strip hand out. That was so freaking weird... and fun... I collected a bunch and then inconspicuously dropped them into the goodie bags of WPPI attendees while on the trade floor.


You mean like this?







Aug 22, 2012 at 09:37 PM
imaginephotoaz
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · Shooting on las Vegas strip laws?


Jeff Babineau wrote:
not being paid by the client. they are friends of mine and I am attending the weding. yes i am a Professional (make my living at photography and do travel for destination weddings) but this is a fun trip for me and my portfolio .
We have the Neon Museum booked and will have 1 hour to shoot there. (kinda seeing allot of the same stuff posted from there and hope to get some different stuff)
THANK YOU form for the great tips on shooting in different places. looked at your work and we are very similar style
...Show more

Neon Museum rules ass! Just did a shoot there too. Brilliant place.









Aug 22, 2012 at 09:41 PM





FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password