Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Question in Regard To Bracketing

Robert Spencer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Question in Regard To Bracketing

When bracketing, which mode is to be used to preserve DOF when intending to blend.
I have also heard of focus bracketing but have no idea of how that is to be done. Any advise will be appreciated, Thanks & take care. Bob

Aug 21, 2012 at 04:29 PM
Hawkan
• •
p.1 #2 · Question in Regard To Bracketing

Robert Spencer wrote:
When bracketing, which mode is to be used to preserve DOF when intending to blend.

I am by no means one of the experts here, but I change the shutter speed and do not touch the aperture when bracketing shots manually. If I do it using the in-camera functionality I usually use aperture priority mode.

Robert Spencer wrote:
I have also heard of focus bracketing but have no idea of how that is to be done. Any advise will be appreciated,

Focus stacking (is the most common used term) is used mostly in macro photography to gain a sufficient depth of field to display an entire subject in focus.

Aug 21, 2012 at 05:07 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Question in Regard To Bracketing

Robert Spencer wrote:
I have also heard of focus bracketing but have no idea of how that is to be done. Any advise will be appreciated, Thanks & take care. Bob

I'm going to propose that it might be appropriate to move this to a different forum since this one is specifically focused on presenting landscape photography. I'll refrain from answering here, but if you do move it, please PM me to tell me where it is and I'll offer a response.

Take care,

Dan

Aug 21, 2012 at 05:09 PM
Robert Spencer
• • •
p.1 #4 · Question in Regard To Bracketing

Dan, I posted in the Landscape forum because that is my usual place to post. I`m concerned only in landscape & attempted to gain technique used commonly among landscape photographers. Did`nt seem out of place to me at all to do so. I see questions and information sharing regarding these things all th e time.

I don`t see this as gear talk. If i did I might take it to the Nikon gear talk forum where i know people . If anything i think it would have been better ( if moving was actually needed ) to relocate it to the Post Processing since it involves the preliminary steps of blending and other PP technique. I do not see another thread here in general gear talk on the front page that is about technique. They are all about bags straps tripods etc. Thanks & take care. Bob

Aug 21, 2012 at 05:29 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password