Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Aperture image locked some how

penpro
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Aperture image locked some how

I'm working with the latest Aperture. All my images are locked in one of my projects. I imported them all and they all now show an icon in the lower right corner that is a little curved arrow sweeping from bottom to top right and what looks like a little lock.

I have searched the help for some listing of what all these icons mean, any one know what they are called so I can find them?

And I can't edit these images and I can't export them either. It tells me that the original doesn't exist. I don't know that I have done anything different with these images then I have with the thousand others that I have edited in Aperture.

Any one know what is going on?

Aug 21, 2012 at 03:48 PM
Gregory Edge
• • •
p.1 #2 · Aperture image locked some how

Your images are not able to be located. Did you move the masters? Or do you store in Aperture library.

Aug 22, 2012 at 01:19 AM
penpro
• • •
p.1 #3 · Aperture image locked some how

This is the problem, I did nothing different from one import to another. I did four sets of imports in a row as I wants certain images in certain projects. The last batch never stored the originals only made thumb nails 1024 px. The images are lost other then those and I had to jump through hoops to be able to save them.

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:52 AM
urbanras

p.1 #4 · Aperture image locked some how

Where you able to find them? Can you re-import them back in? I had the same problem once and somehow i was not able to do anything with them in Aperture. Luckily I still had the images on a CF Card and was able to reimported them back in.

FWIW
I eventually I migrated to lightroom because I was getting nervous of all my images residing in Aperture bundle and having the can't locate masters problem.

Hope you were able to solve your problem.

Aug 24, 2012 at 06:57 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

penpro
• • •
p.1 #5 · Aperture image locked some how

Nope the cards were formated before I found out there was nothing there. I saw the images and didn't think that they would only be thumbnails and not the originals. Im worried about Aperture as well and frankly I far prefer a PC over a Mac so I might make the change as well.

Aug 24, 2012 at 07:34 PM
Gregory Edge
• • •
p.1 #6 · Aperture image locked some how

That is a shame. I would not blame Aperture yet. How do you store your photos? In Aperture library or referenced? PC vs. Mac is a personal choice. For me the choice is "just works"(Mac) or "kinda works"(PC). I do have to say Windows 7 seems like a pretty good OS. Not bad it only took Microsoft 20 years to get a decent GUI OS.

Aug 24, 2012 at 11:25 PM
penpro
• • •
p.1 #7 · Aperture image locked some how

The MAC / PC choice is personal. For me both work but I have full access to PC where getting into a MAC is a huge pain. Also the amount of software choices are very limited, especially the free ones.

All the images are in the Aperture Library. I'm thinking that I might pull them out and reference them. So that I just move them to the machine then import them. That way I know that they are there.

Thanks for the help.

Aug 25, 2012 at 02:26 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password