Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Which cf card for a 7d?

wmb7

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Which cf card for a 7d?

I just bought a 7D and am wondering which CF card would be agequate. It seems that SanDisk and Lexar are dependable brands to buy from the reading that I've done so far. Is an 8GB 60MB/s card going to be large and fast enough for the 7D to function at its best? Should I go for a 16GB 90MB/s instead? Or, I could buy two 8GB cards instead of one 16GB.

Just looking for thoughts on the best option to get the most out of my 7D.

Aug 20, 2012 at 08:35 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Which cf card for a 7d?

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/camera_wb_multi_page.asp?cid=6007-10294

I use a transcend 400X . Seems perfectly fine for me. Now the new firmware freed up the buffer it's more than adequate

Edit:

Oops it looks like I pasted the wrong link (totally randam and could have been pretty embarrassing )

I've changed it now

Edited on Aug 20, 2012 at 09:24 PM · View previous versions

Aug 20, 2012 at 08:38 PM
acktdi

p.1 #3 · Which cf card for a 7d?

I use a Transcend 600x 32gb, which is noticeably faster than my Transcend 400x 64gb card.

Aug 20, 2012 at 09:09 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

surf monkey
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Which cf card for a 7d?

The newer Transcend 400x cards with udma7 are faster than the previous udma6 versions.

See Lars' test results here (on his Canon 1D4): http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1137133/0?keyword=card#10854080

If you want the absolute best performance, get the fastest cards, but they cost much more.
Roger Galbraith's test, that Ian linked to, doesn't make a distinction between udma6 and udma7, so I would guess that the Transcend 400x results are the udma6 version.

Aug 20, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Andrew J
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Which cf card for a 7d?

He is asking about the 7D, so no UDMA 7 support.

Aug 23, 2012 at 02:22 AM
surf monkey
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Which cf card for a 7d?

Andrew J wrote:
He is asking about the 7D, so no UDMA 7 support.

My UDMA 7 cards work perfectly fine on my 7D. In fact all indications are that they're faster than the UDMA 6 versions of the same cards, just like the Canon 1d4 tests by Lars.
Other cards tested by Roger Galbraith, include the fastest cards (Lexar 1000x), are also UDMA 7.

Aug 23, 2012 at 03:16 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password