Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Rules & Guidelines | Canon Lens Code
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Sold: Canon 85mm f/1.2 L II ( 85 1.2 Mark 2 )

trevendous03
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Canon 85mm f/1.2 L II ( 85 1.2 Mark 2 )

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Canon 85mm f/1.2 L II

Item Sold

Price: $1,650.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9+ Shows little or no signs of wear
Shipping instructions: USPS Priority Insured (Signature Confirmation, unless noted otherwise). 1 business day required for processing. Original asking price includes shipping.

Willing to accept offers, but please be reasonable. Also willing to accept a direct trade for a Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS (first version).

I never thought I would want to sell this lens, but it has become less applicable to my everyday photography, so I must part with it.

Extremely sharp and extremely capable for some of the best portrait photography! The only knock I have on this lens is its focusing speed, but that's quickly forgotten when you see the resulting images. Totally superb optical quality and build quality and the world's creamiest bokeh!

I purchased this lens when I first switched from Nikon to Canon, and the condition of the lens is still as pristine as when I purchased it, because i baby my lenses (read my feedback please). The only noticeable thing to mention is that there is a tiny amount of dust inside the lens (which is normal for this lens), and it does not affect image quality whatsoever due to the insane amount of refraction within the lens elements. I have never once had to remove dust spots in post-processing when using this lens.

Please review my feedback. I am very accurate with my condition descriptions, and I ship really fast. Thank you for looking.

CONDITION AND CONTENTS

Physical Condition: Like New (No visible marks on the barrel and filter ring looks great. Normal wear on focus ring.)

Optics/Glass: Very Good (No scratches, no haze, a couple tiny bits of dust inside the lens near the rear element but it does not affect image quality and it is normal for this lens.)

Mechanics: Like New (Everything performs perfectly and smooth.)

Date Code: UU1024 (Made in 2006)

Serial No.: 55134

Note: The lens comes with front and rear caps and original ES-79II lens hood but does not come with the original box nor the manuals.

Edited on Aug 21, 2012 at 06:42 PM · View previous versions

Aug 20, 2012 at 04:15 AM
rwooten

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Canon 85mm f/1.2 L II ( 85 1.2 Mark 2 )

Hello do you still have this lens for sale? I am looking to buy this lens. Is there any way you could do $1500? I know you said that there is a little bit of dust and as of now it doesn't effect the quality of picture but is it something that might become a problem in the future? Or is it extremely noticeable and that is why you put it in your post? I am willing to buy but not if I have to spend a couple of hundred dollars to have it sent off in a few months to get it fixed. please let me know.
-Ross

Aug 20, 2012 at 05:15 AM
BostonGreg
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Canon 85mm f/1.2 L II ( 85 1.2 Mark 2 )

^

Aug 20, 2012 at 05:33 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

trevendous03
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: Canon 85mm f/1.2 L II ( 85 1.2 Mark 2 )

rwooten wrote:
Hello do you still have this lens for sale? I am looking to buy this lens. Is there any way you could do $1500? I know you said that there is a little bit of dust and as of now it doesn't effect the quality of picture but is it something that might become a problem in the future? Or is it extremely noticeable and that is why you put it in your post? I am willing to buy but not if I have to spend a couple of hundred dollars to have it sent off in a few months
...Show more

The dust will not become an issue in the future and is actually normal for this lens. There's no way I'd accept $1,500. That'd be an absolute steal, and a huge loss for me, for a lens that is in almost mint condition. Thank you for your understanding.

The only reason I mentioned the dust, even though it's very minimal and very normal and only noticeable if you're looking for it, is because I like to be completely honest with the buyer. I noticed the dust back in early 2011, just a couple specks by the way, and it has since not affected image quality and has not changed a bit since I noticed it. I've had sellers not tell me about dust inside a lens in the past, and it kinda upset me to not know about it, so I vowed to never do that to my buyers.

I also would not sell the lens if I thought it would need to be fixed within the near future. I would fix it first then sell it, and this lens is in mint condition for its age and will not require fixing.

Aug 20, 2012 at 01:11 PM
trevendous03
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sold: Canon 85mm f/1.2 L II ( 85 1.2 Mark 2 )

For those interested, here's some sample images from my 85mm f/1.2 L II:

Aug 20, 2012 at 08:28 PM
rwalshphoto

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sold: Canon 85mm f/1.2 L II ( 85 1.2 Mark 2 )

Received lens today. Just as described, works perfect!

Aug 24, 2012 at 09:37 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password