New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · New 7D2 rumor on Canonrumors.com

surf monkey
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New 7D2 rumor on Canonrumors.com

If this is going to happen, it looks like a substantial upgrade.
24MP
less noise
10 FPS!
available this year

http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/08/canon-eos-7d-mark-ii-specs-cr1/

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New 7D2 rumor on Canonrumors.com

That smells fishy to me. I could believe 24MP in a 70D that has an extra noisy sensor and super-plastic NR for the jpegers.

EBH

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:30 PM
NCAndy
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New 7D2 rumor on Canonrumors.com

It would be nice if it had a 1.3 crop sensor. Not holding my breath though.

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:36 PM
maxxevv
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New 7D2 rumor on Canonrumors.com

Its "CR1", meaning to be taken with a large dose of salt ... not just a pinch.

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:39 PM
surf monkey
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New 7D2 rumor on Canonrumors.com

maxxevv wrote:

Very large.

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New 7D2 rumor on Canonrumors.com

I don't see why 7D needs to be replaced at the moment. More logical announcements should include a 70D and an affordable full-frame 6D.

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Doctorbird
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New 7D2 rumor on Canonrumors.com

24 MP ~ more than 60 MP FF equivalent. Hard to believe but if technologically acceptable then I'd welcome it.

Db

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM
surf monkey
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · New 7D2 rumor on Canonrumors.com

Doctorbird wrote:
24 MP ~ more than 60 MP FF equivalent. Hard to believe but if technologically acceptable then I'd welcome it.

Db

The Nikon entry-level D3200 is a crop at 24 MP. But then again thats a Sony/Nikon sensor.

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · New 7D2 rumor on Canonrumors.com

Wahoowa wrote:
I don't see why 7D needs to be replaced at the moment. More logical announcements should include a 70D and an affordable full-frame 6D.

After you use the 5D III AF for a few minutes you will see why it needs to be replaced, but it won't be this year IMO. Next year around PMA we should see an announcement IMO. The camera is 3 years old next month so I wouldn't expect more than another 6 month wait.

If those specs are true and that's a big IF, this would be a nice replacement for the 1D IV and interest me far more than the 1D X. However, Canon would be delivering us something new with their sensor tech for this to be true. 650D has shown it seems no improvement over 600D/7D and it has digic V.

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · New 7D2 rumor on Canonrumors.com

maxxevv wrote:

No it means they just made it up for fun. Like the other hundreds of camera and lens rumors that never turn out to be anything

Aug 20, 2012 at 12:17 AM
VTXT
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · New 7D2 rumor on Canonrumors.com

NCAndy wrote:
It would be nice if it had a 1.3 crop sensor. Not holding my breath though.

For what reasons would you want a 1.3 format??

you can't use crop lenses on it, and you can't use full frame lenses on it properly.

There is a good reason why it went away.

If you want a 1.3 format then just get a full frame body.

Aug 20, 2012 at 12:37 AM
dgenx24
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · New 7D2 rumor on Canonrumors.com

VTXT wrote:
For what reasons would you want a 1.3 format??

you can't use crop lenses on it, and you can't use full frame lenses on it properly.

There is a good reason why it went away.

If you want a 1.3 format then just get a full frame body.

there are reasons for 1.3...
you can use it for both landscape and wildlife while IQ is better than 1.6 if you want just one body.
and more...

Aug 20, 2012 at 01:45 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · New 7D2 rumor on Canonrumors.com

Make it a FF at $ 1500-2000 and it will change the (photographers) universe like 5D did once.

Aug 20, 2012 at 04:55 AM
NCAndy
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · New 7D2 rumor on Canonrumors.com

dgenx24 wrote:
there are reasons for 1.3...
you can use it for both landscape and wildlife while IQ is better than 1.6 if you want just one body.
and more...

I have a 5D2 and 5D3 a well as a 7D. I'd like better high ISO IQ while keeping some crop factor and I think a 1.3 sensor would do that better than a 1.6 crop. So I'm looking for a nice 1D4 replacement in a smaller body with the new 5D3/1Dx AF system. As I said, I'm not betting the bank on it.

Aug 20, 2012 at 06:32 AM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · New 7D2 rumor on Canonrumors.com

Pixel Perfect wrote:
After you use the 5D III AF for a few minutes you will see why it needs to be replaced, but it won't be this year IMO. Next year around PMA we should see an announcement IMO. The camera is 3 years old next month so I wouldn't expect more than another 6 month wait.

If those specs are true and that's a big IF, this would be a nice replacement for the 1D IV and interest me far more than the 1D X. However, Canon would be delivering us something new with their sensor tech for this to be
...Show more

Yes, I have used a 5D III. Currently own one and have had it since the first shipment. And, yes, 5D III AF is better and it has a cleaner sensor. (My 70-300L + Kenko 1.4x is sluggish to focus at 420mm with 7D, but it's quick and accurate with 5D III.)

Sure, I wish my 7D had the same AF and a cleaner sensor. Heck, I even want the menu to have the same look.

But I still don't think it needs to be replaced.

I have used a Canon APS-C DSLR since D30 after switching from film. 7D is the king of Canon APS-C. The last time I upgraded my 50D to 7D, it's a significant upgrade. It's the first time that Canon released a camera at this level with 100% viewfinder coverage. The AF is significantly better. The sealing is better. It has video.

Now, if 7D is to be replaced, do you think Canon will really put a similar AF to 5D III in it? I don't think they will, at least not at $1,700 based on their recent prices lately.

The market trend will go to full-frame sooner or later. And Canon will release a budget one sometime in the future, either they want to be the first one to do it or to compete with Nikon D600 if the rumors are to be true.

Aug 20, 2012 at 06:56 AM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · New 7D2 rumor on Canonrumors.com

Pixel Perfect wrote:
If those specs are true and that's a big IF, this would be a nice replacement for the 1D IV and interest me far more than the 1D X. However, Canon would be delivering us something new with their sensor tech for this to be true. 650D has shown it seems no improvement over 600D/7D and it has digic V.

I agree. Those specs are way more appealing then the 1DX as a 1D4 owner. Just wish it was in a 1D type body.

Could mean a ~60MP FF camera at 3-4FPS is possible as well given the same sensor.

Aug 20, 2012 at 08:03 AM
3catsinky
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · New 7D2 rumor on Canonrumors.com

high speed video with still capture, damn you Canon, be taking more of my money this year!
articulating screen please!!!!

Aug 20, 2012 at 08:24 AM
surf monkey
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · New 7D2 rumor on Canonrumors.com

Wahoowa wrote:

Wouldn't they need to replace the 7D first?
If they upgrade the 70D, then it would be superior to the model that's supposed to be above it in the lineup.
The 60D is also newer than the 7D.

Edited on Aug 20, 2012 at 08:51 AM · View previous versions

Aug 20, 2012 at 08:38 AM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · New 7D2 rumor on Canonrumors.com

Ralph Conway wrote:
Make it a FF at $ 1500-2000 and it will change the (photographers) universe like 5D did once.

+1

Aug 20, 2012 at 08:40 AM
Malux
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · New 7D2 rumor on Canonrumors.com

i believe the 6D (or 70D) FF platic body rumor more than a 7DII. the rumor just seems too good.

Aug 20, 2012 at 09:02 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.