Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · CS6 threshold driving me crazy

Bsmooth
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · CS6 threshold driving me crazy

I use this all the time and I don't understand whats going on.
I sometimes use threshold to remove a color cast. Tonight I have an image of three birds in a tree, the tree was crooked so I use the ruler tool to draw a line down the tree and then use rotate, arbitrarliy to rotate the image what i used the ruler tool for.
After this I tried to use a threshold adj layer.Herres the weird part, I couldn't, whenever I hit Threshold, from the bottom right hand menu, all I can get is a levels adjustment.
Now If I go in after shutting everything off, and don't do a rotate, or ruler tool, the threshold works fine.
I don't get this at all, and its driving me over the edge a bit.
Anyone have any idea what I'm doing to cause this to happen ?

Aug 20, 2012 at 02:34 AM
GeorgeM
• • • •
p.1 #2 · CS6 threshold driving me crazy

Tried to duplicate your problem. Rotating arbitrarily and then adding a threshold adjustment. Works for me.

Not sure what you mean by the bottom right hand menu though. I'm selecting threshold from the adjustments window icons.

George

Aug 20, 2012 at 02:46 AM
Bsmooth
• • •
p.1 #3 · CS6 threshold driving me crazy

Its just above the time and date, its called a create new fill or adjustment layer, a circle with a diaganol line with one half black and the other white.
Heres the really strange thing it works fine until I do a crop, after that, If I close the image I am working on and open a new one, that one won't work either, I hit threshold and get a levels layer instead.

Aug 20, 2012 at 03:06 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password