Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Bike Racing - North Boulder Park Classic Criterium

DejanS
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Bike Racing - North Boulder Park Classic Criterium

Hi all, been busy with the racing scene here in Colorado and ramping up with the US Pro Cycling Challenge & Aspens Womens Crit during the week of August 20th, then off to CrossVegas for the start of cyclocross season. But, lets get on with the current topic, the North Boulder Park Classic Criterium. This crit has its roots from the golden days of the Coors Classic, when the 7-Eleven, the Coors Light / Silver Bullet squad dominated the US scene. Today, the talent pool is bigger, faster, but the desire remains the same...WIN!. The crit, having raced it many times in the Pro 1 field, then masters, is hard, fast, and tears apart the field from the back every frick'in lap. You just have to survive the first 20 minutes to make the final selection.

The images you see were taken on Sunday, August 12, 2012....most from the mens Pro 1 field, some from the womens Pro 123, and a couple from the Masters 35+ field, some of which raced during the Coors Classic.

Here is a link to the full gallery of the days races: http://www.sportifimages.com/RoadRacing2012-1/North-Boulder-Park-Classic

1) The Pro 1 field rolls by the S/F early on while a "heli"copter with video hovers overhead capturing the race action.

2) Russell Harding hammers at the front of the Pro 1 field trying to string the field, catch a small break, and tear the tail gunners off from the field.

3) Rising star, Yannick Eckmann, leads the Pro 1 field up the small climb.

4) Sean Sullivan get a blast of water during the Pro 1 race.

5) Eddy Gragus, former US Postal rider and former US Pro road champion, gritting his teeth during the early moments of the race and after getting caught up in a crash.

6) The winning break, with Frank Pipp, Jorge Espinoza, Sean Sullivan and Russell Harding. An unknown rider tried to bridge up to the break, but just did not have enough gas to make it.

7) Chris Winn, former Pro on the "late" Fly-V Australia rider, patrols the front of the field while team mate Jorge Espinoza works the breakaway.

8) Frank Pipp leading through a tight corner while working the winning break.

9) Jon Tarkington trying to bridge the gap between the field and the winning break. Did not make it.

10) The Pro 1 field winding its way up the finishing stretch during the fading laps of the race.

11) The winning break.

12) Carlos Casali, Masters 35+ race, takes a tight corner while he works the winning break. I took this image with panning in mind...I over exposed it a little too much, but brought this one back and like the result. Yeah, a few blown areas...but, still like the effects.

13) Russell Harding working the winning Pro 1 break.

14) Womens Pro 123 field, a Kenda riders taken on turn 1 from overhead. See my shadow

15) This is what it is like to win...Frank Pipp! Jorge (left) has won NoBoulder Park several times, but could not hold off Pipp's well timed sprint. Sean Sullivan too 3rd. Harding fell off the pace on the last lap and took a hard fought, well earned 4th. Russell is one to watch during the next few years on the national circuit.

As always, comments are welcomed!

Dejan

Aug 19, 2012 at 03:07 PM
Keopele19
• •
p.1 #2 · Bike Racing - North Boulder Park Classic Criterium

Nice shots! PJ style that tells a story and captures the finish - 2 things that are really important that are surprisingly left out most of the time.

my favorites are 8 and 11, well done.

Aug 20, 2012 at 01:03 AM
gvg45
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Bike Racing - North Boulder Park Classic Criterium

Nice set, Dejan, & well documented.
I like #2, 11, & 12.

Aug 20, 2012 at 03:35 PM
DejanS
• • •
p.1 #4 · Bike Racing - North Boulder Park Classic Criterium

gvg45 wrote:
Nice set, Dejan, & well documented.
I like #2, 11, & 12.

Thanks Greg. I see Brian (Hodes) is now collaborating with you guys...Good stuff!

Dejan

Aug 21, 2012 at 12:15 AM
disci
• • •
p.1 #5 · Bike Racing - North Boulder Park Classic Criterium

Numbers 8, 12 and 13 for the win Dejan! I also think it's cool that your love of the sport, and shooting the sport, really comes through in your posts Dejan.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards

Des

Aug 21, 2012 at 06:39 AM
DejanS
• • •
p.1 #6 · Bike Racing - North Boulder Park Classic Criterium

disci wrote:
Numbers 8, 12 and 13 for the win Dejan! I also think it's cool that your love of the sport, and shooting the sport, really comes through in your posts Dejan.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards

Des

Thanks Des! Keep pumping out those amazing surfing photos from Down Under!!! In Aspen right now shooting USPCC, and will be looking for Cadel....

Dejan

Aug 22, 2012 at 04:15 PM
gvg45
• • •
p.1 #7 · Bike Racing - North Boulder Park Classic Criterium

DejanS wrote:
Thanks Greg. I see Brian (Hodes) is now collaborating with you guys...Good stuff!

Dejan

Ya, Brian is great! I caught a quick glimpse of him on TV after yesterday's (Wednesday) stage finish grabbing shots of Danielson.

Aug 23, 2012 at 01:52 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

DejanS
• • •
p.1 #8 · Bike Racing - North Boulder Park Classic Criterium

gvg45 wrote:
Ya, Brian is great! I caught a quick glimpse of him on TV after yesterday's (Wednesday) stage finish grabbing shots of Danielson.

Probably caught me as well...right there next to Brian. He was having problems with his 400mm lens for the finish...we were swapping out Nikon bodies figuring out what was going on. I think it was his Nikon body mount contacts...ugh!

Aug 24, 2012 at 12:05 AM
rbn920
• •
p.1 #9 · Bike Racing - North Boulder Park Classic Criterium

Nice set. I really like the way 12 turned out.

Aug 24, 2012 at 12:22 AM
cocodrillo
• • •
p.1 #10 · Bike Racing - North Boulder Park Classic Criterium

Really nice work. I particularly like the gritted teeth in sharp focus on #12 with everything either blurred or heading that way. All in all, a great demonstration of what a photog can do when they really know and love a sport.

Aug 24, 2012 at 10:19 AM
pedpole
• •
p.1 #11 · Bike Racing - North Boulder Park Classic Criterium

Great series!!! Nice job on Frank Pipp. He is a fellow Yooper who grew up here. Years ago I raced small regional races up here with his brother and it is nice to see him doing well.

Aug 25, 2012 at 11:50 PM
ppmax

p.1 #12 · Bike Racing - North Boulder Park Classic Criterium

Here's a set from today in North Boulder:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ppmax/sets/72157631248211582/show/

Here are my favs:

The boys in blue by ppmax, on Flickr

The look of a leader by ppmax, on Flickr

Pumping hard by ppmax, on Flickr

Flying by ppmax, on Flickr

Push by ppmax, on Flickr