Upload & Sell: On
| p.1 #1 · Bike Racing - North Boulder Park Classic Criterium |
Hi all, been busy with the racing scene here in Colorado and ramping up with the US Pro Cycling Challenge & Aspens Womens Crit during the week of August 20th, then off to CrossVegas for the start of cyclocross season. But, lets get on with the current topic, the North Boulder Park Classic Criterium. This crit has its roots from the golden days of the Coors Classic, when the 7-Eleven, the Coors Light / Silver Bullet squad dominated the US scene. Today, the talent pool is bigger, faster, but the desire remains the same...WIN!. The crit, having raced it many times in the Pro 1 field, then masters, is hard, fast, and tears apart the field from the back every frick'in lap. You just have to survive the first 20 minutes to make the final selection.
The images you see were taken on Sunday, August 12, 2012....most from the mens Pro 1 field, some from the womens Pro 123, and a couple from the Masters 35+ field, some of which raced during the Coors Classic.
Here is a link to the full gallery of the days races: http://www.sportifimages.com/RoadRacing2012-1/North-Boulder-Park-Classic
1) The Pro 1 field rolls by the S/F early on while a "heli"copter with video hovers overhead capturing the race action.
2) Russell Harding hammers at the front of the Pro 1 field trying to string the field, catch a small break, and tear the tail gunners off from the field.
3) Rising star, Yannick Eckmann, leads the Pro 1 field up the small climb.
4) Sean Sullivan get a blast of water during the Pro 1 race.
5) Eddy Gragus, former US Postal rider and former US Pro road champion, gritting his teeth during the early moments of the race and after getting caught up in a crash.
6) The winning break, with Frank Pipp, Jorge Espinoza, Sean Sullivan and Russell Harding. An unknown rider tried to bridge up to the break, but just did not have enough gas to make it.
7) Chris Winn, former Pro on the "late" Fly-V Australia rider, patrols the front of the field while team mate Jorge Espinoza works the breakaway.
8) Frank Pipp leading through a tight corner while working the winning break.
9) Jon Tarkington trying to bridge the gap between the field and the winning break. Did not make it.
10) The Pro 1 field winding its way up the finishing stretch during the fading laps of the race.
11) The winning break.
12) Carlos Casali, Masters 35+ race, takes a tight corner while he works the winning break. I took this image with panning in mind...I over exposed it a little too much, but brought this one back and like the result. Yeah, a few blown areas...but, still like the effects.
13) Russell Harding working the winning Pro 1 break.
14) Womens Pro 123 field, a Kenda riders taken on turn 1 from overhead. See my shadow
15) This is what it is like to win...Frank Pipp! Jorge (left) has won NoBoulder Park several times, but could not hold off Pipp's well timed sprint. Sean Sullivan too 3rd. Harding fell off the pace on the last lap and took a hard fought, well earned 4th. Russell is one to watch during the next few years on the national circuit.
As always, comments are welcomed!