New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Smug Mug has me lost...

supermarvin76
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Smug Mug has me lost...

I am admittedly not even close being a web designer, that is why I was so attracted to Square Space. However, I have lately been poking around in Smug Mug, they have some nice features, and I am seriously considering the move.

However, Square Space was extremely simple to set up. I am not finding the same simplicity with Smug Mug. I really do not want to hire someone, but I guess I am looking for advice here from people with similar experiences as this.

I did the basic "customizations" and I have been able to create an "about" tab, and that is about it. I literally just created the tab, and then I think to actually make it work, and write in it is getting into coding.... which simply makes me want to shut down the computer and go sulk with a donut.

If you have any tips or advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Bernie
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Smug Mug has me lost...

Check with their tech people they are very responsive.

Aug 18, 2012 at 09:33 AM
Nozzleforward
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Smug Mug has me lost...

I'll second calling their tech people. They answered my questions when I was just looking at them for gallery hosting a while back.

"which simply makes me want to shut down the computer and go sulk with a donut"

^^^ And I will be using this line today while I'm at work!

ETA: Man, I've never seen Squarespace before. That's a clean looking setup!

Aug 18, 2012 at 09:48 AM
alohadave
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Smug Mug has me lost...

Bernie wrote:
Check with their tech people they are very responsive.

Specifically www.dgrin.com.

That is SmugMug's official forums. There are very good people who are intimately familiar with how smugmug works, and the staff engineers have a presence there as well.

Aug 21, 2012 at 09:41 PM
thomashammer78
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Smug Mug has me lost...

I am on Smugmug and it was fairly easy to setup, but I just got an email that they are raising their prices to $300 a month for a business account thats $150 more a year than it was.... I AM OUT.

Aug 31, 2012 at 09:19 PM
XsigmaSD
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Smug Mug has me lost...

thomashammer78 wrote:
I am on Smugmug and it was fairly easy to setup, but I just got an email that they are raising their prices to $300 a month for a business account thats $150 more a year than it was.... I AM OUT.

Maybe you got a different email, but the one I got says $300 a year or $35 a month for business accounts for new members, $250 a year, or $30 a month for renewing business accounts. Still not great, but not quite as bad as $300 a month!

Sep 01, 2012 at 11:10 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.