Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · LensCoat LegCoat Wraps

Carson Wilcox
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · LensCoat LegCoat Wraps

I just received a set of LensCoat LegCoat Wraps, model LW115BK for the Manfrotto 055CSPRO3 tripod.
It seems to me that they are not quite wide enough. When I wrap them around the leg I really have to stretch them which causes the edge to bulge out.

Has anyone else seen this kind of issue? Also does anyone have any recommendations on an alternative product?

Thanks
Carson

Aug 17, 2012 at 12:55 PM
scott elowitz

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · LensCoat LegCoat Wraps

All that is needed to secure them is to have about 1/4" of the velcro overlapping. No need to stretch them, just wrap them taught and secure. I suggest positioning the overlap seam towards the inside of the leg.

Aug 18, 2012 at 04:14 PM
Carson Wilcox
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · LensCoat LegCoat Wraps

I tried all of that but they still looked like crap. I returned then and just going to go without unroll I find a better solution

Aug 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · LensCoat LegCoat Wraps

I have several sets for my Gitzos and they are just fine. Are you sure they are the right size?

EBH

Aug 18, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Carson Wilcox
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · LensCoat LegCoat Wraps

Yes, I talked with lenscoat and they confirmed. I may be just most fussy them most but I think there should be a smoother overlap on the velcro.

Aug 19, 2012 at 01:11 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · LensCoat LegCoat Wraps

I can achieve a few millimeters from a perectoy asligne overlap, which is sufficient for the purpose. It's dramatically superior to the awful foam insulation wrapped with duct tape.

Aug 19, 2012 at 01:20 AM
Carson Wilcox
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · LensCoat LegCoat Wraps

I've ordered the leg wraps from Manfrotto. They actually seem a bit thin and I've read some less then great reviews of them but after contacting Manfrotto I've decided to give them a shot. Should have them be the end of the week.

Aug 21, 2012 at 07:23 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password