Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Camera Bag Rolling Series?

jstntym
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Camera Bag Rolling Series?

Did a search and just a few topics popped up. Maybe some folks can further this info. I currently have a Tamarac Evolution 8 backpack and I'm running just a tad low on room. A great bag nonetheless. I have some health issues that any help in transporting the gear and make it easier like a rolling bag sound like a winner to me. I'm currently looking over something like the Think Tank Airport International V 2.0 and the Lowepro Pro Roller x200. Since I like the quality of my Evolution I'm leaning towards the x200 but would be open to some imput from other folks also. I've heard Think Tank bags are well built and pricing is close between the two bags. Any imput and/or suggestions appreciated, thanks Will G.

Edited on Aug 17, 2012 at 02:05 PM · View previous versions

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:34 PM
voltaire
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Camera Bag Rolling Series?

Think tank airport international v2.0 hands down is my choice. I have used it for four years now and haven't had a problem with it. Only thing is if our want low dividers to accommodate a laptop you have to pay $49 extra and order it separately. With all the gear I carry, it is very heavy so just be careful when you lift it on and off the overhead bin. Good luck with your decision.

Aug 17, 2012 at 12:25 PM
omarlyn
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Camera Bag Rolling Series?

Another vote for the TT Airport International...I don't use the low divider set but I pack it WAY full with photo gear! I double-layer items like battery packs & Speedlites so I end up with virtually no wasted space. My fully loaded bag teeters right around 40lbs so it's right at the carry-on limit for most domestic airlines. In a pinch...if I really have to...the TT is contructed well enough that it can go through checked luggage fully loaded. I'm not saying I wouldn't worry about it going as a checked bag, but at least I feel the TT can handle it if it's necessary!

Omar

Aug 17, 2012 at 01:27 PM
jstntym
• •
p.1 #4 · Camera Bag Rolling Series?

Thanks for the replies. I'm reading all the reviews on Amazon and elsewhere I can now..Both seem to be a great bag just from a glance!

Aug 17, 2012 at 02:08 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Naranek

p.1 #5 · Camera Bag Rolling Series?

You might also want to take a look at the new Think Tank Airport 4-Sight which is a four wheel "spinner."

I have a couple of their two wheeled bags (Airstream and International) and love them. However, based upon my experience with spinners for regular hold and carry on luggage I think they are the only way to go -- they really take the effort out of dragging heavy bags. The carry on also can go sideways down a plane aisle -- a real boon on smaller aircraft.

The 4-Sight is slightly smaller but if it meets your needs I think you'll be happier with four wheels rather than two. I know if I were buying now I'd get the spinner.

Aug 17, 2012 at 02:08 PM
jstntym
• •
p.1 #6 · Camera Bag Rolling Series?

Naranek wrote:
You might also want to take a look at the new Think Tank Airport 4-Sight which is a four wheel "spinner."
The 4-Sight is slightly smaller but if it meets your needs I think you'll be happier with four wheels rather than two. I know if I were buying now I'd get the spinner.

You know, I did look at this bag as it was an interesting concept. Thanks for the reply. After looking over all the specs and reading the reviews, I purchased the Lowepro Pro Roller x200 as it seemed to fill most of my requirements. The only thing that was a negative for some was the size and ability to be able to stow it in the overhead compartment on aircraft. As for me, if I were to take my gear out for travel, I'd most likely be driving so the bag with my gear would go into the vehicle and hotels if needed. If I were to do any air travel, I'd most likely be a vacation with the wife and I wouldn't be taking a lot of gear, very minimal if any. I do have a Lowepro slingshot 100AW for those kinds of trips that can easily fit in the onboard overhead and would house my 5D MkIII with maybe two fitting lenses for what photography I may do if I feel up to it. Thanks for all the kind replies as it was much appreciated! Regards, Will

Aug 17, 2012 at 05:08 PM
jstntym
• •
p.1 #7 · Camera Bag Rolling Series?

Received the bag today and I'm pleasantly surprised. Excellent quality and plenty of room for lenses and gear. I can understand the higher $$ very well designed and like the security cable lock!

Aug 23, 2012 at 03:44 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password