Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Nissin Di866 MkII

Jokfu

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nissin Di866 MkII

Hey there lighting thread, I'm currently in the market for a flash since the Quantaray 900wa that I had has been difficult lately(the metal hotshoe flexes in my camera, which means that it works perfectly as long as I apply constant pressure on the front of the flash). I got it for $30 from a friend so I'm not that concerned since it lasted me 1.5 years. I recently got a $300 amazon gift card so I'm looking at buying something from there for my camera and I had my eye on the 430 ex II until I started looking into 3rd party options as well. Based on my research I'm considering the 430 ex II, the Nissin Di866 MkII and the Metz 50 AF-1, I would've considered the extra money for a 580 but due to Amazon price gouging it's around $599. I currently have a 20D but might consider upgrading to whatever replaces the 60D when it comes around(I don't think I need a 7d just yet). I like that the Nissin has better power/features Vs. the 430 and that it's not that much more expensive $40USD). This makes me think that the Nissin might be a bit more future proof. I don't see myself stepping up to a 7d plus in the future so the weather sealing on the 430 is kinda meh but would be nice.

95% of the time I would be using this flash on camera so the wireless controls would be up in the air but nice to have. Basically I want an awesome on camera flash and was wondering if any of you had any experience with this flash and could add some input to my decisions. I'm leaning towards the Nissin but don't want to discount the Metz or the canon. I don't see myself using multiple speedlights anytime soon(I have some cheap hand-me-down lights that optically slave or use 1/8). And I'd like something reliable to shoot with on camera. Any advice or experience from you forum members?

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:19 PM
photogreen
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nissin Di866 MkII

I've got the Nissin flash. 866 II serves me well. good power, good feature set, good quality, good price. it makes some unusual noise, but not too loud. wanted to post a review on it, but haven't had the time yet. if you have any specific questions, let me know.

Aug 22, 2012 at 06:59 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password