Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Who has used PocketWizard's HyperSync? Does it work, and...

Crossczechfoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Who has used PocketWizard's HyperSync? Does it work, and...

What results have those of you who have used it been getting as far as a top sync speed before you get the black band across the bottom of the frame?

Have you actually been getting the black band?

Plus the other question that I have is what type of setup do you have?

I have (2) of the TT1's and (7) of the Flex TT5's along with a combination of SB-900's, LumoPro 160's and also the PCB Einsteins.

IM really trying to see about using this feature instead of HSS outdoors to overpower ambient and to also use it during some stop action sports photography also but of what I am attempting to read more about someone using the features IM not seeing much literature on it.

I have read the Rob Galbraith review on it but he was using beta testing units at the time he wrote about the feature.

OK that's my questions for now and I hope I get some persons who have used it with some good success as I do think it's (in Theory) an excellent option for various reasons.

Thanks,
Ross

Aug 15, 2012 at 01:16 PM
dmward
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Who has used PocketWizard's HyperSync? Does it work, and...

Hyper Sync works. It takes some experimenting to get the best setup with ControlTL.
The one downside for you is that the Einsteins, because of the IBGT control will only work at full power. At reduced power settings the flash duration is shortened and that defeats Hyper Sync.

My recollection is that there is a thread about hyper sync on the PCB tech forum site. It is probably as good a resource as any, especially regarding the Einstein.

I have no experience with LumoPro. I presume they use voltage control for power so flash duration increases as power is reduced. That benefits Hyper Sync.

Aug 21, 2012 at 03:29 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.