Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Canon 1dx what are your settings?

Tim Kuhn
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Canon 1dx what are your settings?

For the most part I use the factory defaults. I mainly shoot wildlife, sometimes landscapes. Manual exposure 100% of the time, center point with 2 helper points for AF (works great for IF), I rarely use the meter, maybe 5% of the time, if I do it is center point. I MA my tele's and macro. Shoot AI servo most of the time. I think that covers it, it's been a while since I set it up.

Tim

Feb 10, 2014 at 03:32 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Canon 1dx what are your settings?

canon1 wrote:
Hi,

Just got my 1Dx and I was wondering if anyone is using this camera as their main landscape camera. I am trying to decide whether or not to keep my 5D markIII.

Thanks,

Well I use both, but keep the 5D III for a much more portable package when needed. Very little difference in IQ. 1D X has slightly better low ISO DR and less shadow noise, 5D III allows a bit more freedom with cropping, but all minor points. If you are happy lugging the 1D X around all the time then you won't lose anything for landscape.

Feb 10, 2014 at 04:15 PM
schlotz
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Canon 1dx what are your settings?

I mainly shoot soccer. Here is a link to the camera settings I use on my 1DX. You can dload, put onto a CF then import via the camera load settings, see SET UP4 screen. I will remove the link in a day or so.

link removed......

Matt

Edited on Feb 11, 2014 at 08:45 AM · View previous versions

Feb 10, 2014 at 04:27 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Canon 1dx what are your settings?

Tim Kuhn wrote:
For the most part I use the factory defaults. I mainly shoot wildlife, sometimes landscapes. Manual exposure 100% of the time, center point with 2 helper points for AF (works great for IF), I rarely use the meter, maybe 5% of the time, if I do it is center point. I MA my tele's and macro. Shoot AI servo most of the time. I think that covers it, it's been a while since I set it up.

Tim

How do you get only 2 helper points, I thought it was a choice of 4 or 8? I also never use the meter and just figure out my exposure myself with the back LCD and also shoot in M mode...but then I guess I've learned from the best....thanks Tim

Feb 10, 2014 at 07:23 PM
Tim Kuhn
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Canon 1dx what are your settings?

arbitrage wrote:
How do you get only 2 helper points, I thought it was a choice of 4 or 8? I also never use the meter and just figure out my exposure myself with the back LCD and also shoot in M mode...but then I guess I've learned from the best....thanks Tim

Yes Geoff is correct, you can't choose 2 helper points. I was explaining in terms of axis because there isn't any other way of selecting focus points. I use 2 points per axis.

Tim

Feb 11, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Herb
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Canon 1dx what are your settings?

Does it really revert to start settings on a power down? I will try that later today.. Thanks
dgdg wrote:
I've been reading a lot lately on the custom modes.
One person recommended you have sleep/auto-off disabled in the custom modes. That way if you made adjustments to your custom mode for a particular day, you would not lose them all after a couple minutes of inactivity. Then when you turn off the camera, settings revert to your original custom defaults.

Feb 11, 2014 at 10:35 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.