Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · D7000 Top LCD issue.... ?

mlife
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · D7000 Top LCD issue.... ?

I bought a D7000 as my travel/vacation body and over the last few weeks have noticed something odd. On occasion (no pattern) I will turn the camera off and the top LCD will stay on for like 10min after the camera is shut off. When I turn the camera back on the SD slot 1 icon is flashing and it dispays slot 2 as the default memory. It wont write to the card in slot 1. I have removed the card, replaced the card, formated the card and even switched the cards from slot one and two around. It may be worth mentioning that Im using a PNY Pro-Elite 16GB class 10 (35MB/s) card so I don't think thats an issue. Again it doesn't happen all the time but has happened about 3 times in the last month or so....

Any ideas?

Aug 15, 2012 at 03:28 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · D7000 Top LCD issue.... ?

3rd party grip I've heard of that before. I'm on my 7th...never had that happen
so I'd be guessin' here. GL

Aug 15, 2012 at 03:31 PM
mlife
• • •
p.1 #3 · D7000 Top LCD issue.... ?

I do have a 3rd party grip but its only been used a few times and issue has occurred without grip attached, like this morning.

Aug 15, 2012 at 03:36 PM
davidnholtjr
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · D7000 Top LCD issue.... ?

Could be the card.

When I bought my D3200 I picked up a PNY Pro-Elite 16GB class 10 card and at first everything was good, then the camera was having problems recording video and then still pics. Got home and tried a couple other brand cards (sandisk and Panasonic) and all worked fine, The card was bad. took it back and then the something happened twice with replacement cards.

So I say away from PNY now. Replaced it with a SanDisk 16GB Extreme Class 10 UHS-I and it works great.

Aug 17, 2012 at 02:48 PM
mlife
• • •
p.1 #5 · D7000 Top LCD issue.... ?

Actually that thought crossed my mind, so I just ordered a new sandisk.. should be here tomorrow... Ill let you know.

thanks for the input.

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:43 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password