Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2012 · My first series of Belted Kingfisher
  
 
jodelak
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · My first series of Belted Kingfisher


My eyes turns green with envy everytime I see the excellent photos of kingfishers here. I finally found a good spot for kingfishers yesterday and these are some of the pictures. I hope I did them some justice It's tough to shoot them in direct sunlight and I hope these are half decent of the other KF pictures posted here.


#1 View Large


#2 View Large


#3 View Large


#4 View Large


#5 View Large
These are not sensor dust


#6 View Large
These are not sensor dust


#7 View Large



Thanks for looking and c&C always welcome.



Aug 15, 2012 at 03:33 AM
KCollett
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · My first series of Belted Kingfisher


A good looking set. Lots of nice poses.


Aug 15, 2012 at 03:37 AM
LuckyStrike
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · My first series of Belted Kingfisher


WOW.............. fantastic........ Love those photos!!!

Lucky




Aug 15, 2012 at 05:53 AM
ashley138
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · My first series of Belted Kingfisher


Wonderful first shots. This is not an easy bird to capture (I've been struggling with them for years! So skittish)


Aug 15, 2012 at 06:43 AM
Jase1125
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · My first series of Belted Kingfisher


Excellent series mate


Aug 15, 2012 at 08:14 AM
mike717
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · My first series of Belted Kingfisher


A fine looking series, love #2!
I've never been able to get with 30 yards of one of these guys.

Mike



Aug 15, 2012 at 11:04 AM
surfnron
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · My first series of Belted Kingfisher


Nicely done with the last 2 being my picks. Now that you know where they are, you can go back early or late to catch them in good light ~ Ron


Aug 15, 2012 at 11:25 AM
penpro
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · My first series of Belted Kingfisher


Very nice shots. I really like the second as it is different then the typical bird profile. It almost looks as though you took it with a wide angle from six inches away.


Aug 15, 2012 at 01:39 PM
birdied
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · My first series of Belted Kingfisher


You certainly did do them justice !!! Fantastic set with 2, 4, 6 and 7 being my favorites.

Birdie



Aug 15, 2012 at 01:50 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Rob Tillyer
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · My first series of Belted Kingfisher


Good job in this tough light.

Rob



Aug 15, 2012 at 01:55 PM
DonGut
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · My first series of Belted Kingfisher


#2 and the last are my faves. I love the wing action in #2. They look very friendly. Don


Aug 15, 2012 at 01:56 PM
jodelak
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · My first series of Belted Kingfisher


KCollett wrote:
A good looking set. Lots of nice poses.


Thanks KCollett!

LuckyStrike wrote:
WOW.............. fantastic........ Love those photos!!!

Lucky


Thanks Lucky for the kind words.

ashley138 wrote:
Wonderful first shots. This is not an easy bird to capture (I've been struggling with them for years! So skittish)


Thanks Asheley, yes they are so skittish and won't show up if people are around.

Jase1125 wrote:
Excellent series mate


Thanks!

mike717 wrote:
A fine looking series, love #2!
I've never been able to get with 30 yards of one of these guys.

Mike


Thanks Mike!

surfnron wrote:
Nicely done with the last 2 being my picks. Now that you know where they are, you can go back early or late to catch them in good light ~ Ron


Thank you Ron, good light and hopefully some caught fish or crab is my next goal


penpro wrote:
Very nice shots. I really like the second as it is different then the typical bird profile. It almost looks as though you took it with a wide angle from six inches away.


Thanks penpro. I have a series of those shots, the KF was doing some stretching and the look did not change at all


birdied wrote:
You certainly did do them justice !!! Fantastic set with 2, 4, 6 and 7 being my favorites.

Birdie


Thanks Birdie, your kind words is very much appreciated.

Rob Tillyer wrote:
Good job in this tough light.

Rob


Thanks Rob!

DonGut wrote:
#2 and the last are my faves. I love the wing action in #2. They look very friendly. Don


Thanks Don, the looks are very deceiving



Aug 15, 2012 at 03:10 PM
kmunroe
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · My first series of Belted Kingfisher


very nice set of kingfishers Jodelak


Aug 15, 2012 at 05:15 PM
Ted ellis
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · My first series of Belted Kingfisher


Excellent series first or not.

I can't get close to a KF.



Aug 15, 2012 at 05:42 PM
Lars Johnsson
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · My first series of Belted Kingfisher


Congrats, and very nice Kingfisher shots Jodelak


Aug 15, 2012 at 08:40 PM
Tim Kuhn
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · My first series of Belted Kingfisher


I think you did a good job with the light you had to work with. I see a lot of great aspects to these shots, I'm sure if you caught this guy in better light you would have some smoking shots! The last one really is unique, don't think I have ever seen that before.

Tim



Aug 15, 2012 at 11:10 PM
jodelak
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · My first series of Belted Kingfisher


kmunroe wrote:
very nice set of kingfishers Jodelak


Thanks so much Kenny!

Ted ellis wrote:
Excellent series first or not.

I can't get close to a KF.


Thanks Ted, appreciate the kind words.

Lars Johnsson wrote:
Congrats, and very nice Kingfisher shots Jodelak


Thanks Lars!

Tim Kuhn wrote:
I think you did a good job with the light you had to work with. I see a lot of great aspects to these shots, I'm sure if you caught this guy in better light you would have some smoking shots! The last one really is unique, don't think I have ever seen that before.

Tim


Thank you Tim, I hope I don't disappoint you in my next series



Aug 16, 2012 at 05:35 PM





FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password