Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2012 · Canon EOS Rebel T4i Recalled!

EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Canon EOS Rebel T4i Recalled!

BrianO wrote:
I totally disagree. The Chinese in general (and of course there are exceptions) do not have the same regard for intellectual property rights, consumer safety, and workers' protection as most other industrialized nations.

+1

Aug 16, 2012 at 06:51 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Canon EOS Rebel T4i Recalled!

user222 wrote:
I thought of radiation when I saw this too...and it is a very valid concern for any product coming from Japan. From food to cars to cameras. The Fukushima disaster is far from over, with ongoing releases of massive amounts of radiation in to the ocean and atmosphere. With the potential for it to become dramatically worse if the spent fuel pool #4 collapses.

The chart posted by Monito...although I imagine well intentioned. Is very misleading. Normal background radiation does not contain radioactive isotopes like plutonium (a large amount of which was released by Fukushima). If you ingest one of these
...Show more

I don't think it was as massive as you make it sound (other than if you live quite close) but yeah they are seeing an unusually high rate of malformed and diseased butterflies and moths in the general region around the plants this spring and summer.

Aug 16, 2012 at 07:33 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Canon EOS Rebel T4i Recalled!

EB-1 wrote:
+1

They don't seem to be carrying it out as well now for sure (although there are starting to uprisings over it so it may slowly start to change) and I don't have a lot of trust in say food coming from over there at the moment, since whatever degree we are bad here now it's order of magnitude worse there.

That said a certain party and side party are constantly trying to undermine all of the laws and regs that have the US currently in better shape in that regard and we have certainly had plenty of companies and army bases spewing out tons of crap here and, in some cases, it is US companies almost demanding prices from Chinese companies that they well know are basically impossible to meet without cutting dangerous corners so some blame can go there too and not just on the Chinese companies. And decades ago before sweat shop and child labor laws and all at the start of our industrial revolution and our earlier years we had some pretty messy things going on and it took the formation of unions and lots of hard battles to fix up our system to the state it has reached today.

Aug 16, 2012 at 07:39 PM
user222
• • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Canon EOS Rebel T4i Recalled!

skibum5 wrote:
I don't think it was as massive as you make it sound (other than if you live quite close) but yeah they are seeing an unusually high rate of malformed and diseased butterflies and moths in the general region around the plants this spring and summer.

No it actually was and still is quite massive. Japan's own government says that the radiation release is equal to "168 Hiroshimas." That is downplaying the radiation release, for economic reasons.

http://voices.yahoo.com/fukushimas-nuclear-disaster-radiation-released-was-9025493.html

Non governmental scientists have estimated the release to be 10,000 teraBequerels (10,000 trillion Bequerels) per hour, measured for radioactive Iodine-131. That is significantly more than 168 Hiroshimas every single day!

http://www.globalresearch.ca/PrintArticle.php?articleId=24292

This is the worst man made environmental disaster ever, and there is no projected end date.

They were catching radioactive tuna off of San Diego as early as August of last year.
Every single tuna in the sample contained fukushima contamination.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2012/0529/Radioactive-tuna-travels-from-Japan-to-US-faster-than-wind

Since this is a creative site, here's an excellent video from some Japanese musicians:

FRYING DUTCHMAN "humanERROR"

Aug 16, 2012 at 08:45 PM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Canon EOS Rebel T4i Recalled!

It is well known that radiactive contaminants get concentrated by the food chain and will be most easily detectable with sophisticated analysis in top predators like tuna.

Fortunately Canon photographic products are not predatory. Some of the users are.

I'd be more concerned about radiation from standing beside a photographer than a camera. If I had reason to be concerned.

Aug 17, 2012 at 06:01 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.