Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Favourite Alt Shops

johnahill
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Favourite Alt Shops

I know Jim's fabulous alt price index has a listing of stores, but I thought it would be nice to have a thread here dedicated to listing our favourite stores selling alt gear

I'll start with a current favourite from London - Aperture UK (www.apertureuk.com)
Aperture have a rolling stock of Nikon, Leica, Voigtlander, Zeiss ZE and more.

Aperture UK also have a fabulous shop in Museum street in London where the front half of the shop is a used lens paradise and the rear half of the shop is a coffee shop.

I've personally bought online and in store and have nothing but good experiences (I just walked past today and walked out with a Voigtlander 58/1.4 SLII).

So, where do you like to shop for your alts? Give web address, location and a short description.

P.S I am in no way affiliated with Aperture UK ;-)

Aug 14, 2012 at 06:04 PM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Favourite Alt Shops

Places I always look...

jackscameraused.com
KEH.com (sometimes controversial, my experience has generally been good over the past twenty years of using them.)
robertscamera.com
cameta.com/
mpex.com (Midwest Photo)

Of course, on your side of the pond:
ffordes.com/
robertwhite.co.uk/ (very fast shipping to U.S.)

Aug 14, 2012 at 07:22 PM
dasrocket
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Favourite Alt Shops

Craigslist and Kijiji have worked the best for me, bus as far as brick and mortar stores go, the local pawn shops and Henry's Outlet Store in Toronto (before it moved in Mississauga, out of bicycle reach for me)..

Aug 14, 2012 at 07:35 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password