Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · And so it begins, HS football

innaeddy1
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · And so it begins, HS football

With the HS football season kicking off this past weekend for me, here are a few from Fri and Sat.

Andy

Aug 13, 2012 at 09:51 PM
innaeddy1
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · And so it begins, HS football

more

Aug 13, 2012 at 09:53 PM
Marty Bingham
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · And so it begins, HS football

Those schools are lucky to have you. I'm looking forward to seeing what you shoot this season.

Marty

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:19 PM
robby521
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · And so it begins, HS football

nice!we kick off the 23rd

Aug 13, 2012 at 11:47 PM
innaeddy1
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · And so it begins, HS football

Thanks Marty and Robby,
Marty are you going to be at the kick off games at the GA Dome?

Andy

Aug 14, 2012 at 02:07 AM
Matt OHarver
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · And so it begins, HS football

Man those HS must have some awesome lighting, not a single one of those images are above 4000 ISO! and look at the shutter speeds! I'll be down at 1/640 and 8000 ISO every friday night this year!

Great set of images. I'm hoping to hit a Jamboree this week to shake some rust off.

Matt

Aug 14, 2012 at 02:51 AM
innaeddy1
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · And so it begins, HS football

Thanks Matt, These were shot at the local universities field (UTC) thats why the lights are good, not great. We do have some HS's in the area that have better lighting, but for the most I will be right there with you in the high iso range.

Andy

Aug 14, 2012 at 03:39 AM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · And so it begins, HS football

it's already football season?
nice set of pics

Aug 14, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Marty Bingham
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · And so it begins, HS football

Andy, I'm shooting NASCAR that weekend. And dirt track racing and a corporate dove shoot. Wish I could make it to the Dome though...

Marty

Aug 14, 2012 at 11:39 AM
amlsml
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · And so it begins, HS football

Great shots, 6 is my favorite

Aug 14, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

James Broome
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · And so it begins, HS football

Very nice collection. Great work!

Aug 14, 2012 at 02:52 PM
kateman
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · And so it begins, HS football

Andy,
excellent series!
Wish i had lights like that here in Tx.
thanks for sharing and pls. share through out your season!
B

Aug 14, 2012 at 03:39 PM
tlong
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · And so it begins, HS football

Great job! Hese look phenomenol!

Aug 14, 2012 at 03:41 PM
innaeddy1
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · And so it begins, HS football

Thanks to the last 5

Aug 14, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Scott Sewell
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · And so it begins, HS football

Andy,

Colors and exposure looks okay and you've caught some peak action of what are really more stock-like images. Now, what could you tweak to make these (and future posts) just a bit better? IMO, it would be cropping out some of that wasted space. In this set, for example, you would not only be cropping out wasted space but some of the distracting lines and shapes at the top of several.

Specifically, 1, 4, 5, 7, and 8 all have space at the top PLUS space that has a bunch of distracting lines and shapes (#8). With some like #1, 7 and 8 a tighter crop off the top won't get rid of all the bleachers or shapes, but it will make them less distracting. With a tighter crop off the top of #4 and 5, however, you take much of that distracting background out of the image as I've shown below. (As always, just let me know if you have a problem with me cropping your images and re-posting here.)

Again, there's nothing major wrong with these images and I'm sure there are a lot of people who would be totally happy with them as they are (including parents who might be buying them). But for me, I opened the thread and the first thing I saw at the top of image #1. Had it just been that image I'd probably not have said anything, but since there were several I thought this might give you something to think about.

Good luck this season!

Aug 15, 2012 at 01:00 AM
innaeddy1
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · And so it begins, HS football

Thanks Scott, I usually do crop pretty tight and the ones you pointed out and cropped are better for getting rid of the dead space. While I tend to crop tight these could have went more.

Thanks again
Andy

Aug 15, 2012 at 01:12 AM
andyz
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · And so it begins, HS football

Very nice series. I can't wait for kickoff but we have several weeks to go. Some schools couldn't start 2 a days until this week and school starts the 27th.

Aug 15, 2012 at 03:31 AM
Jeff_Stapleton
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · And so it begins, HS football

I'm sending off my 2 bodies tomorrow to get a clean and check anticipating the upcoming football season. I can't wait. People have different passions when it comes to photography...mine is football!

Aug 15, 2012 at 04:23 AM
acoll123
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · And so it begins, HS football

Andy,
Great shots.
I am getting ready for the season (starts tomorrow night in Williamson County, TN). I will be using a 300/2.8 and a 1DIV. I noticed you are using a 400/2.8 - do you need to crop your photos much with that lens? I seem to do a lot of cropping when I use the 300 for soccer and Lacrosse so I am wondering if you consider the jump from 300 to 400 worthwhile? I just asked for an evaluation copy of a 400/2.8 from CPS so I hope to find out for myself soon but would like your thoughts as well.
Thanks,
Andy

Aug 16, 2012 at 04:18 PM
Scott Sewell
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · And so it begins, HS football

I posted some HS football images in this thread and explained a little about why I prefer the 400. If all you can afford is a 300 then you should be fine cropping from a Mark 4 body. For me, if I have to choose between a 400 or 300 for field sports I'm going with the 400.

Good luck this season!

Aug 17, 2012 at 12:54 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password