Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · OVERLY obsessed with color accuracy?

NathanHamler
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · OVERLY obsessed with color accuracy?

Are you OVERLY obsessed with color accuracy?? I feel like i am...it's not like i ever send prints back or anything...and i know my clients aren't looking at calibrated screens, so part of me thinks what's the point....but like i'll calibrate my display with my spyder3pro (display is a dell ultrasharp 21.5), and get a SLIGHTLY different profile than my last calibration....which was SLIGHTLY different than the one before that....the one i did yesterday was a bit more contrasty than "normal", so i stuck with the old profile i was using before....then i did another today, and it turned out a little cooler, but without the contrast change from the last one.....i keep a set of test prints on hand (from Pro DPI), with the files saved in a folder on the desktop, so i can always reference how the screen should "look", and there's always every so slight changes from the test prints to the screen, but overall they match really well....

anyway, i was wondering if there are any of you that are like me, and OBSESS over something that clients prob wouldn't notice the difference between a PERFECT matching print, and a print that is 5% off from how it should be......obviously, i'm not talking about stuff that is TERRIBLY off, just stuff that's slightly off....

Aug 13, 2012 at 08:22 PM
gintasr
• •
p.1 #2 · OVERLY obsessed with color accuracy?

I ditched my spyder3 for a I1Display Pro. Much more consistent and you have a way of mesuring and keeping track of your calibration values.

Aug 13, 2012 at 08:25 PM
tobicus
• • •
p.1 #3 · OVERLY obsessed with color accuracy?

I've always calibrated from actual prints. As long as I feel like I can trust my laptop, I'm good.

Aug 13, 2012 at 08:59 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · OVERLY obsessed with color accuracy?

I only obsess over making sure what *I* see [and receive] is accurate. Once it's there, I don't screw with it. Haven't had a problem in years. I actually love my datacolor system. I still use Spyder2, and it still works perfect. Miller's profiles are flawless. I've never used Pro DPI.

To answer your question though, I wouldn't worry toooo much about it; unless it's off a LOT.

Aug 13, 2012 at 09:05 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

NathanHamler
• • • •
p.1 #5 · OVERLY obsessed with color accuracy?

I order from Millers all the time, and their stuff is always perfect, even with no color correction on their part...i just happen to have pro dpi samples on hand...i'm starting to agree with Alan...as long as they're not wayyyyy off, then dont mess with anything...i'm too cheap to get an x-rite system...haha

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:13 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · OVERLY obsessed with color accuracy?

Yea, I never have Miller's touch correction, and it's always perfect. It's the main reason why I've never wanted to use anyone else.

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:22 PM
D. Diggler
• • • •
p.1 #7 · OVERLY obsessed with color accuracy?

tobicus wrote:
I've always calibrated from actual prints.

+1

Aug 13, 2012 at 11:43 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password