Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Monitoring Buy & Sell Photo-Gear

rytch0

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Monitoring Buy & Sell Photo-Gear

I have noticed that items for sale in the FM Buy/Sell forum are frequently sold almost immediately. Is there a way people are using to monitor the forum for keywords and generating alerts when certain items are for sale? I assume there must be a way to do this!

Aug 13, 2012 at 01:26 PM
JohnBrose
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Monitoring Buy & Sell Photo-Gear

They just check frequently when they are in the market for an item. There is a search function if you are looking for something in particular. Items do sell fast as long as they're priced right and from a seller with a good reputation. Most of the items I've listed are sold within several hours of listing them for popular items.

Aug 13, 2012 at 01:51 PM
omarlyn
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Monitoring Buy & Sell Photo-Gear

rytch0 wrote:
I have noticed that items for sale in the FM Buy/Sell forum are frequently sold almost immediately. Is there a way people are using to monitor the forum for keywords and generating alerts when certain items are for sale? I assume there must be a way to do this!

Look more carefully...lot's of items do not sell quite so quickly...it all just depends on the items. High demand items will naturally sell very quickly. Keep in mind that there are a quarter million registered members on FM...if just 1% of those members are actively buying & selling at any particular time, then you're 'competing' with 2,500 potential buyers...early bird gets the worm!

Omar

Aug 13, 2012 at 02:38 PM
CUclimber
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Monitoring Buy & Sell Photo-Gear

You just need to check regularly for what you're interested in. I lucked out last week and got a great deal on a lens that I wanted that had been listed just 2 hours prior. I had missed out on other sales of that lens a few times, so it just took a little persistence.

It would be nice if you could set up a custom RSS feed with a particular search though. That would be an extremely handy feature.

Aug 13, 2012 at 02:50 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Chris Anthony
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Monitoring Buy & Sell Photo-Gear

The way to find lots of adds for an item you want is to finally break down and buy it new... There will the be tons of adds for said item this happened to me recently with a bh-40, missed out on a couple then 3 weeks went by and nothing, broke down and bought one new, and a couple days later their was one for $100 less

Aug 14, 2012 at 03:22 AM
rytch0

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Monitoring Buy & Sell Photo-Gear

Thanks for all the info!!

Aug 15, 2012 at 02:27 PM
mikeinctown
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Monitoring Buy & Sell Photo-Gear

Place a WTB ad and I'm sure you may get some offers. Some may come from guys selling that had been priced higher and may be looking to rethink their pricing.

Aug 15, 2012 at 06:18 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password