Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · k+s :: first wedding with the 600's

RichardLavigne
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · k+s :: first wedding with the 600's

So this was our first wedding with the 600ex's. I think it looks essentially the same.. the 600's don't really add any capabilities that we couldn't do with our previous kit, but the set up time was significantly shorter (which was nice). We did run into some problems along the way, but I think there might have been some user error, so I'm going to try a few things during the week and see if I can solve the issues. Enjoy!

Aug 13, 2012 at 12:06 PM
RichardLavigne
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · k+s :: first wedding with the 600's

kind of surprised.... 400+ views and not a single comment.

Did we miss the mark here?

Aug 18, 2012 at 04:44 AM
KibblesNbitz
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · k+s :: first wedding with the 600's

Looks like a typically great set from you Rich.

Not sure why theres no other comments. Maybe everybody just figures its good stuff as usual for you, and didn't bother commenting.

Either way, nice set!

Aug 18, 2012 at 04:57 AM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · k+s :: first wedding with the 600's

It's cool to see Kat and a bunch of other friends and people we know in here! She is good people.

I think the best thing about your work is that it's incredibly consistent... However that's also the thing that I'd most like to see change. The consistency is great, but I'd love to see you push yourself and take some chances. Just my thoughts.

Aug 18, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Mitch W
• • • •
p.1 #5 · k+s :: first wedding with the 600's

Tony Hoffer wrote:
It's cool to see Kat and a bunch of other friends and people we know in here! She is good people.

I think the best thing about your work is that it's incredibly consistent... However that's also the thing that I'd most like to see change. The consistency is great, but I'd love to see you push yourself and take some chances. Just my thoughts.

Tony, real questions here (no sarcasm or attitude) and noted that this was just your opinion. Are you suggesting that Rich push himself and mix it up a bit from a business standpoint? By all appearances it seems like Rich has a very robust, mature business. He books his clients in part because of his formidable skills and consistency, ie people know exactly what they are going to get by hiring him. I'm sure his work evolves at its own pace - like many peoples - and question trying to fix or change something that clearly doesn't appear broken.

Or is the basis of your suggestion more from the photographer's viewpoint that we all would love to see our peers push themselves and wow us creatively?

Aug 18, 2012 at 01:05 PM
Jamesbjenkins
• • •
p.1 #6 · k+s :: first wedding with the 600's

KibblesNbitz wrote:
Looks like a typically great set from you Rich.

Not sure why theres no other comments. Maybe everybody just figures its good stuff as usual for you, and didn't bother commenting.

Either way, nice set!

^ this. I really should comment on these types of sets more often. Sometimes it's just a pain trying to stay active on 3-4 photography forums...

Aug 18, 2012 at 08:06 PM
RichardLavigne
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · k+s :: first wedding with the 600's

Tony Hoffer wrote:

Tony.. First off... thanks for the referral. It was a fun day and they are great peoples.

Second... I agree, We find it to be a fine line to walk between being consistent while pushing creative boundaries. It is something we are struggling more and more with, I think. perhaps it might be time to explore something like the foundation workshop.

Aug 18, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · k+s :: first wedding with the 600's

Mitch W wrote:
Tony, real questions here (no sarcasm or attitude) and noted that this was just your opinion. Are you suggesting that Rich push himself and mix it up a bit from a business standpoint? By all appearances it seems like Rich has a very robust, mature business. He books his clients in part because of his formidable skills and consistency, ie people know exactly what they are going to get by hiring him. I'm sure his work evolves at its own pace - like many peoples - and question trying to fix or change something that clearly doesn't appear broken.

Or
...Show more

No, not from a business standpoint. Like you said, I think his clients know exactly what they're getting when they hire Anne & Rich, which is a really awesome (and difficult) thing to achieve. I'd just like to see them be a little bit surprised

Aug 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM
RichardLavigne
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · k+s :: first wedding with the 600's

Tony Hoffer wrote:
No, not from a business standpoint. Like you said, I think his clients know exactly what they're getting when they hire Anne & Rich, which is a really awesome (and difficult) thing to achieve. I'd just like to see them be a little bit surprised

It would be cool if there was a "like" button on FM.

Aug 18, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Beni
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · k+s :: first wedding with the 600's

Love that group shot of the dancefloor, the kind of thing that used to be done with a enormous 'banqueting camera' back in the day!

Aug 20, 2012 at 06:51 AM
rema86
• •
p.1 #11 · k+s :: first wedding with the 600's

awesome guys!

hall group shot would have looked so sick with a figheye- still awesome though!

Aug 20, 2012 at 01:25 PM
RichardLavigne
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · k+s :: first wedding with the 600's

Thanks guys... Yes, we try to always do a group shot when we have a balcony or something we can get up on. I don't think fisheye would have been good... I think that might have been too wide.

Aug 20, 2012 at 11:56 PM
oldegut

p.1 #13 · k+s :: first wedding with the 600's

AWESOME!!!!

Aug 25, 2012 at 12:01 AM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · k+s :: first wedding with the 600's

agree with Tony... consistency to the max. I do not think that is a bad thing. If it works it works.
I would explore a little outside your normal shooting to see what you can come up with them incorporate it. Don't change what is working well and putting food on the table.

Aug 25, 2012 at 12:19 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password