Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · #514 Dreaming

oldrattler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #514 Dreaming

Time, Money, Health can all have an effect on our Plans... Nobody is exempt... We all have experienced "The Dreaming stage" Thanks, Jim

Faded Dreams

Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II    17mm    f/11.0    4s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Edited on Aug 13, 2012 at 07:15 PM · View previous versions

Aug 13, 2012 at 03:49 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #514 Dreaming

I know I am not supposed to say this...but this would hit home more if the processing matched the title, faded, a little ragged and not so vibrant and alive.

Aug 13, 2012 at 04:25 PM
Klaus Priebe
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #514 Dreaming

Travis Rhoads wrote:
I know I am not supposed to say this...but this would hit home more if the processing matched the title, faded, a little ragged and not so vibrant and alive.

+1
The vibrant image really makes it look exciting and ready to head out on the road.
I sure like your vision here though.

Aug 13, 2012 at 04:51 PM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #514 Dreaming

Travis Rhoads wrote:

You are absolutely correct and I do not know why you shouldn't say it... I changed the title to "Dreaming" Thank you

Edited on Aug 13, 2012 at 07:17 PM · View previous versions

Aug 13, 2012 at 07:15 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #514 Dreaming

oldrattler wrote:
You are absolutely correct and I do not know why you shouldn't say it... I changed the title to "Dreaming" Thank you

technically, it goes against the rules of the WA...I have run afoul of that rule in the past, but this concept was too good to let it not match the title.

Edited on Aug 13, 2012 at 07:23 PM · View previous versions

Aug 13, 2012 at 07:16 PM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #514 Dreaming

Klaus Priebe wrote:
+1
The vibrant image really makes it look exciting and ready to head out on the road.
I sure like your vision here though.

I am humbled by your gracious words... It did not come out as "Dreamed" but I'll take what I can get for now... Thank you... Jim

Aug 13, 2012 at 07:20 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #514 Dreaming

Travis Rhoads wrote:
point taken.

Travis; I hope you will continue to state your opinion as I value it... Without honest feedback how are we to mature in our pursuit of perfection, Or in my care , Better... Thanks, Jim

Aug 13, 2012 at 07:25 PM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #514 Dreaming

Travis Rhoads wrote:
technically, it goes against the rules of the WA...I have run afoul of that rule in the past, but this concept was too good to let it not match the title.

Originally I set out for a dark, light painted version, with spider webs, dust, and yellowed paper... But after finishing it my wife suggested I try a " Happy, expectant mood "... She encouraged my posting this as she preferred it... In doing so I failed to change the title... Jim

Aug 13, 2012 at 07:31 PM
Foggy14
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · #514 Dreaming

Jim, I like your photograph a lot. By including the 1991 calendar, I see vibrant and joyful plans for a long ago trip.

Did the trip happen? We don't know from the image, but we do know that the planners loved the outdoors and waterfalls and clearly had fun planning the adventure. Anyway, that's what I see in your photograpgh and that's why I like it.

On the title, I don't have an opinion because words and photographs are two very different things.

Aug 14, 2012 at 03:07 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · #514 Dreaming

Foggy14 wrote:
Jim, I like your photograph a lot. By including the 1991 calendar, I see vibrant and joyful plans for a long ago trip.

Did the trip happen? We don't know from the image, but we do know that the planners loved the outdoors and waterfalls and clearly had fun planning the adventure. Anyway, that's what I see in your photograpgh and that's why I like it.

On the title, I don't have an opinion because words and photographs are two very different things.

Thank you very much... Keen perception... If you have the ability to enlarge the image read the crumpled up letter... The answer is in the image...

Aug 14, 2012 at 03:21 AM
Foggy14
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · #514 Dreaming

Jim, you have a PM.

Aug 14, 2012 at 04:29 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · #514 Dreaming

Foggy14 wrote: