Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Bar-Mitzvah near Baltimore Anyone?

susslaps
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Bar-Mitzvah near Baltimore Anyone?

Hi-
I have never before bailed on a photo assignment. I even missed my own brother's wedding because of a prior obligation (that's really my brother's fault but that's another story). Anyway, it appears I'm having trouble keeping a photog for my son's Bar Mitzvah Aug. 25. I just need 3 hrs, the shoot & files and nothing more. Young, aspiring photogs considered, my equipment is available. Reply here if interested or know anyone.
Thanks,
Ben

Aug 13, 2012 at 12:31 AM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #2 · Bar-Mitzvah near Baltimore Anyone?

it appears I'm having trouble keeping a photog for my son's Bar Mitzvah Aug. 25.

Wonder why? Last minute, a 3 hour job on a SATURDAY, your equipment, and you'll take anybody. There are no prior obligations when it comes to your son's Bar Mitzvah. If you told him you were going to shoot it, honor your word.

Aug 13, 2012 at 01:26 AM
susslaps
• •
p.1 #3 · Bar-Mitzvah near Baltimore Anyone?

No, Mr. Borderlight. I arranged a photographer back in June (agreed - not early enough), she bailed on me 3 weeks ago. She arranged for a substitute who also apparently bailed on me. My point was that if somebody makes a commitment for a photography job (contract or no contract) he/she should keep it. Now, I am in a spot and if I don't find someone soon I'm going to use my teenage neighbor who has assisted me on prior jobs. Finally, if you or anybody doesn't have any positive contribution to make, then stay out please. I'm stressed out enough!

Aug 13, 2012 at 01:35 AM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #4 · Bar-Mitzvah near Baltimore Anyone?

Posting complete information helps. You prefaced your post with missing your brother's wedding because of a prior obligation. My answer was based on how you worded your post. "Trouble keeping a photog" could mean anything IMO. If it's just the party/theme end of it (3 hours) it isn't as critical as the portrait part, candle ceremony, and other featured events. Obviously the photographer has to know what to do, what's important, and how to capture it. The teenage neighbor would be my last resort. Anyway, I wish you luck. Sorry about the misunderstanding. Remember anything can be fixed if you throw enough money at it.

Aug 13, 2012 at 11:37 AM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #5 · Bar-Mitzvah near Baltimore Anyone?

BTW: If you contracted with the first photographer for your date, you can sue him/her for canceling on you. That first photographer still has an obligation to you to provide a service on that day. It doesn't matter if a second photographer was referred to you, then also bailed. Your original contract, hopefully on a signed piece of paper, is enough for a lawsuit. It up to them, not you, to find a capable replacement. If you accepted a refund from the first photographer releasing them from performing a service on the day specified, then you are back to square one.

Aug 13, 2012 at 12:17 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password