Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Chesterfield Photographs

Brooksmcr

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Chesterfield Photographs

Hello all,

I am brand new to the site and to photography in all senses of the term, as mentioned in my post in the nature and wildlife section.

I was wandering around Chesterfield this weekend and have taken a few shots in various places on my walkabout.

I am looking for any and all C&C in order to improve my skills.

Many Thanks,

Danny.

Aug 12, 2012 at 09:08 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Chesterfield Photographs

Danny:
No.1 looks like it might need some perspective control used on it, and at the least crop from top below the horizontal moulding well above the door.
No.2 again, I would straighten the door vertically. No exif info on lens is it a manual wide angle?
No. 3, I would personally crop from left to lose the window and perhaps up from bottom.
Unfortunately as I type this the remainder have not come up yet though the last one seems a little tilted. Can you turn on a grid in your viewfinder which might help in getting things straight in camera?
Douglas

Aug 13, 2012 at 03:07 PM
Brooksmcr

p.1 #3 · Chesterfield Photographs

Hi douter,

Many thanks for the advice.
The lens is a Nikkor 50mm f/1.8d AI-S Prime lens.

I shall have a play around and crop the mentioned point in the first picture, I can see where the distraction comes in from that slightly. I shall do the same in the third picture as you mentioned and see the outcome.

As for the grid, I don't think this is possible on a D3100, however I used a grid to align these pictures at certain point, for example I used the right post of the building in the first picture to determine a vertical plane.

Once again, many thanks for the advice!

Aug 13, 2012 at 07:30 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password