Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · On-line Photo Storage

Tom Dillon

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · On-line Photo Storage

I realize that my question will probably get almost the same kind of answers as "What camera should I buy?," but I really do need some advice. I have so many photos stored on my desktop, laptop, and external hard drives that it has become rather cumbersome to manage them all. There are a lot of companies out there that store files for a fee, but I really don't know where to start. If you have used an online file storage company with enough success to recommend it, I'd love to hear from you. I'd also like to know about which ones NOT to use; I'm sure that there are plentyof horror stories out there.

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Tom

Aug 12, 2012 at 05:33 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · On-line Photo Storage

Tom, I just started up with www.crashplan.com It runs continuously in the background with CPU usage user defined and variable as a function of time of day. I've got my entire HD on it, including a couple thousand pics. I have had no need to use this backup, knock on wood, but, my son, who is an IT guru at UNC-CH recommended it to me. He knows his stuffings so I expect if I ever need to use it to restore to a new HD, it'll be there (and I've got a bridge that sells for .25$ US)

hth, tony

Aug 12, 2012 at 07:25 PM
Tom Dillon

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · On-line Photo Storage

Thanks, Tony. I'll check 'em out.

Aug 14, 2012 at 12:16 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password