Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Hong Kong shipping terminal

justindong
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Hong Kong shipping terminal

I feel the title might be poorly named but there's a lot going on in the photo. The shipping terminal is to the right while the Tsing Kwai Highway leads to the left. The skyline in the background is Hong Kong Island ("Central") while those lights on a hill in the very far background are residences on Victoria Peak (highest point on the island proper). No matter how I edit the photo I can't help but feel like I'm not doing this scene justice

I took this photo last year when I was relatively new to photography. I did a horrible edit job back then but thankfully I saved the file so I did a re-edit. Here it is:

Stacks (Take 3) by justindong, on Flickr

Aug 12, 2012 at 08:49 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Hong Kong shipping terminal

There is a lot to look at here,maybe too much.
Douglas

Aug 12, 2012 at 12:56 PM
cwebster
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Hong Kong shipping terminal

Too busy, lacking a focal point

<Chas>

Aug 12, 2012 at 04:09 PM
Jonathan Huynh
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Hong Kong shipping terminal

Agree, to busy.

Aug 12, 2012 at 08:40 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rattymouse
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Hong Kong shipping terminal

I like this photo. Hong Kong is a busy place, far busier than most places on earth. Your photo captures that well.

Aug 12, 2012 at 11:18 PM
martin kampf

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Hong Kong shipping terminal

Hi,

IMHO the vegetation in the foreground is a bit distracting. If you crop the bottom half or the left half of the picture you may end up with a more interesting image.

Aug 13, 2012 at 06:45 PM
boingyman
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Hong Kong shipping terminal

I think you did well capturing a different perspective of HK. I do agree the vegetation in the foreground is distracting and being very busy, but like ratty mentioned HK is a busy place. I will be going there in a few months and I can't wait!

Aug 13, 2012 at 06:57 PM
rattymouse
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Hong Kong shipping terminal

boingyman wrote:
I think you did well capturing a different perspective of HK. I do agree the vegetation in the foreground is distracting and being very busy, but like ratty mentioned HK is a busy place. I will be going there in a few months and I can't wait!

If you crop the vegetation, you lose the highway. I would keep that. I've shot thousands of images in Hong Kong and this is a typical scene from one of the mountains. Very rarely does the vegetation give way to allow a clean shot on these mountains.

Aug 14, 2012 at 08:06 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password