Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2012 · Ever been to a weddng

Scott Mosher
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Ever been to a weddng

And a fight breaks out? After tonite I can say yes. Two waiters of all people went at it in the area where the reception was in front of everyone.

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:47 PM
tobicus
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Ever been to a weddng

I think we need pictures.

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:49 PM
LivLif
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Ever been to a weddng

Yeah! Pics or it didn't happen!

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:51 PM
larhouser
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Ever been to a weddng

I was at one a few months ago where some guests from a judo club got pretty hammered and the cops came. Sucked. Had to cut the reception short by a couple of hours. Can't imagine something so selfish during someones wedding. Seriously.

Scott's is the best though - the venue should be apologizing $$ pretty seriously I would think.

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:52 PM
alohadave
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Ever been to a weddng

My brother's wedding had a scuffle during the reception between a couple guests.

Aug 12, 2012 at 12:05 AM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Ever been to a weddng

wow

Aug 12, 2012 at 12:24 AM
ChrisCoy
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Ever been to a weddng

A year or two ago we had a guest try to fight the groom. That was tons of fun.

And back in April, we had a guest try to do a backflip on the dance floor, and instead he did a backwards swan dive into the concrete floor and split his face wide open. Had to stop the reception for about two hours while EMS came and did that whole bit.

Aug 12, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Scott Mosher
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Ever been to a weddng

No pics, sorry. Though I was 2nd shooting for Tony Chu so he can back me up

The venue staff seemed really uptight/stressed before. I'm wondering if the two guys (or one of them) just snapped. And it wasn't a little pushing shoving. There were lots of punches and trying to take each other out. It took probably 4-5 guests at first to pull them apart.

Aug 12, 2012 at 12:35 AM
G-Gore
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Ever been to a weddng

Never had a fight at the wedding (yet) but today's was close enough..

Cheap venue, built in 70's and never decorated since. Bride walking in knee-brace because she torn ACL few weeks back. DJ a no-show. So few guests chip-in with iPhones and iPad and started to play songs off YouTube. Party started with an hour delay (because of DJ issue), and didn't go anywhere. And at the great finale, about 30 mins before the end, the bride slips and falls face flat on the floor. At this moment all guests stood up and left - party over.

Aug 12, 2012 at 12:38 AM
ckhagen
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Ever been to a weddng

Yes. Two.

Once was a friends wedding that I was attending. As soon as we sat down at the reception, chairs started flying at the table behind me. Some people jumped up and wrestled the two guys outside where they proceeded to go at it in the parking lot while everyone stood and watched. It was two uncles with a longstanding fight over their mothers estate.

And the other time... Sigh. My husband had to assist me because my regular assistant was Out of town. A lot of the groomsmen were making remarks about me that I just laughed off or apparently didn't hear. Then when the party got crazy a couple of them were getting a little too hands on. I'm used to it to a degree. It's my job, I do this every weekend and drunk dudes are part of the deal and I know how to handle it. Wellllll... Husband, not so much. He got into with one of the guys and they were pushing each other and there was a crowd forming and I was panicking and the wedding planner was freaking. Yeah, not good.

Aug 12, 2012 at 01:12 AM
ChrisCoy
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Ever been to a weddng

ckhagen wrote:
He got into with one of the guys and they were pushing each other and there was a crowd forming and I was panicking and the wedding planner was freaking. Yeah, not good.

I'm banking he hasn't assisted you since.....

Aug 12, 2012 at 01:26 AM
sealsphoto
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Ever been to a weddng

I had a wedding several years ago where the grooms mother stood up at the rehearsal to remind everyone that they were in a church and to watch their language. After the rehearsal, the groom told his mother he was not wearing that f@#%ing monkey suit all afternoon. Sure enough, next day at the reception before anybody could get there the bride and groom had changed from wedding attire to cutt off jeans and ripped t-shirts. Bride's mother, who was paying for everything, sent me home. Said she didn't want pictures of a bunch of drunk hillbillies. There was at least two fights happening in the parking lot while I was leaving.

Aug 12, 2012 at 07:25 AM
ACRe
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Ever been to a weddng

ckhagen wrote:
Yes. Two.

Once was a friends wedding that I was attending. As soon as we sat down at the reception, chairs started flying at the table behind me. Some people jumped up and wrestled the two guys outside where they proceeded to go at it in the parking lot while everyone stood and watched. It was two uncles with a longstanding fight over their mothers estate.

And the other time... Sigh. My husband had to assist me because my regular assistant was Out of town. A lot of the groomsmen were making remarks about me that I just laughed off
...Show more

I understand your husband. That would be very hard to endure.

Andrew

Aug 12, 2012 at 07:48 AM
tobicus
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Ever been to a weddng

ACRe wrote:
I understand your husband. That would be very hard to endure.

Andrew

+1.

Aug 12, 2012 at 08:29 AM
larhouser
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Ever been to a weddng

CKHagen said: Then when the party got crazy a couple of them were getting a little too hands on. I'm used to it to a degree. It's my job,

That sucks you have developed such a causal attitude about it. I had no idea sexual harassment was standard practice for female wedding photogs. That just sucks all around.

Every 3rd wedding or so I think "wouldn't it be awesome if they didn't serve alcohol at receptions?". Just because someone is generous and offers an open bar you DO NOT have to take it as a personal challenge to drink as much as you can.

Aug 12, 2012 at 08:40 AM
marti.g3
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Ever been to a weddng

FOB and groom got into a fight in the lobby of the Huntington Beach Hyatt. FOB went to the valet, got his car and left. Two hours later he returned, walked his daughter down the aisle and the photos and reception went on without hitch.

Probably not so much their lives.

Aug 12, 2012 at 09:58 AM
Scott Mosher
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Ever been to a weddng

larhouser wrote:
That sucks you have developed such a causal attitude about it. I had no idea sexual harassment was standard practice for female wedding photogs. That just sucks all around.

Every 3rd wedding or so I think "wouldn't it be awesome if they didn't serve alcohol at receptions?". Just because someone is generous and offers an open bar you DO NOT have to take it as a personal challenge to drink as much as you can.

The wedding I'm shooting Saturday is an alcohol free one

Aug 12, 2012 at 01:09 PM
photolove84
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Ever been to a weddng

larhouser wrote:

I think sexual harassment is standard for females for life in general. I used to get harassed all the time when I was a 2nd for other photographers, but I guess I've been lucky enough that since I've been working with my husband I really don't get bothered.

Aug 12, 2012 at 01:33 PM
marti.g3
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Ever been to a weddng

I had some attractive young females shooting for me in the past and they were always getting hit on by guys at the wedding. Drunk, not drunk, putting their arms around them trying to be "wedding friendly", asking for their phone numbers, "are you married", " got a boyfriend", yada yada yada. Thankfully my shooters were mature enough to handle it, but what other workplace could someone get away with that.

Which brings up an interesting scenario.........could "sexual harrasment" be an issue towards the "employer" in instances like that ?

Aug 12, 2012 at 01:47 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Ever been to a weddng

marti.g3 wrote:
I had some attractive young females shooting for me in the past and they were always getting hit on by guys at the wedding. Drunk, not drunk, putting their arms around them trying to be "wedding friendly", asking for their phone numbers, "are you married", " got a boyfriend", yada yada yada. Thankfully my shooters were mature enough to handle it, but what other workplace could someone get away with that.

Which brings up an interesting scenario.........could "sexual harrasment" be an issue towards the "employer" in instances like that ?

I have a sexual harrasment section in my contract to make clients aware that I won't tolerate unwelcome advances.

Aug 12, 2012 at 02:19 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.