New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Dell Refurb UltraSharp IPS LED backlit Displays

therock
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Dell Refurb UltraSharp IPS LED backlit Displays

Just wanted to put out how pleased I am with my two new Refurbed 21.5" Dell U2212HM Ultra Sharp IPS displays.

I still have my two 21.5" S-PVA Samsung 215TW displays but had to go in and change capacitors a couple times and its getting old as they are being from 2006.

I have to say if they are Refurbs I cannot tell. I gave them the white glove / microscopic once over and see no signs of usage. I gave them the light bleed test and there is none, plain and simple. I have not calibrated them yet letting them run a while but mercy they are nice. I did bring the luminance down as usual.

I was not sure how I would like the transition to 1920 x 1080 from 1680 x 1050 but its not an issue. They are LED backlit so I guess that's good, I have not boned up on displays since shopping for my Sammys in 2006.
The viewing angle and consistency in tests I have ran are great.

Just sayin, if your on a budget and want IPS, I always heard good things on the Dell UltraSharps for the working man.

You never know about Dell's Links -
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/popupproductdetail.aspx?sku=320-2736&?

Aug 11, 2012 at 07:00 PM
boingyman
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Dell Refurb UltraSharp IPS LED backlit Displays

Cool. Just curious how much it cost you and what are you planning on calibrating it with?

Aug 13, 2012 at 02:10 PM
therock
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Dell Refurb UltraSharp IPS LED backlit Displays

$180.00 each shipping is free, taxes apply to $169.99.

I already used my i1 Display2 on one and it went well. I just ordered the 2nd because sooner or later I am going to be down to a single of the Sammy 215TW's because that's the nature of them.

I did not figure on them being 5/8" shorter and 7/8" wider than the Sammy's but I'm ok with it.

Aug 13, 2012 at 03:05 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.