Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Canon 7d warranty card need help asap

Kaustubh
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon 7d warranty card need help asap

I traded a 24-70 to about a month old 7d here on FM. I really did not like the 7d and sold it locally to fund a Mark II or III. The buyer now tells me that the warranty card's serial number doesn't match with the serial number on the body. What a pain?

I really do not have any reasons to doubt the credibility of the guy which whom I purchased the camera, he gave me his school's email and was very professional. He also send me money via paypal. However I want the new buyer to have a peace of mind about his purchase. I checked the shutter, it has just less than a 1000 shutter and the body looks brand new. It did come in the box. I should have checked the serials before selling but I learnt a lesson. I will try to upload the picture of the warranty card inside the box when the new buyer send me via email.

I am having a rather tumultuous time, I can definitely give his money back but I will not feel ease with this camera. I contacted the original owner but he is on vacation, which he told me long ago he will be. May be someone can scan and paste 7d's warranty card with the numbers blacked out or something.

May be it is grey market product, how do I distinguish it? Any help highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kaustubh

Aug 11, 2012 at 10:40 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon 7d warranty card need help asap

You can assure him that the warranty card has little to no value. You have to show the purchase receipt in order to get warranty service. By the way, the warranty is not transferable from the original purchaser to a subsequent owner, unless it was a gift. Some people haven't had problems with this, but that's what the small print says.

Aug 12, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Kaustubh
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon 7d warranty card need help asap

Thanks. I called Canon and it is still under warranty. But the warranty card has a completely different serial number, which is rather strange.

Aug 12, 2012 at 01:23 AM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon 7d warranty card need help asap

Kaustubh wrote:
Thanks. I called Canon and it is still under warranty. But the warranty card has a completely different serial number, which is rather strange.

Sometimes a person will lose the box or, ... uh ..., acquire a camera / lens without a box (and warranty card). They will then buy an empty box (and warranty card) online or elsewhere and hope nobody notices the discrepancy. Yes, people do sell empty lens / camera boxes.

Aug 12, 2012 at 11:19 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password