Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · "Bobbing" & "Creeping" at the sam...

L.A.W.PHOTO
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · "Bobbing" & "Creeping" at the same time...

I just got back from a wedding and needed to share this with the good community of FM...

My wife second shoots for me and our job today was a normal wedding 80-100 people with a couple uncle Bobs with long lenses, you know the norm. I'm used to over the back shooters but what I encountered today made me baffled... While shooting the ceremony my wife was down in the isle taking pictures of the couple on stage, as I was shooting I looked back to check if she moved only to find a particularly creepy uncle Bob point the long end of his 24-105L straight down at her backside... I thought he was just chimping some shots until I realized he seemed to be enjoying firing away while his wife stared on away, oblivious to his adventures.

Normally under non-wedding protocol, this would prompt a swift and direct response from me in the form of some verbal abuse, but given that I did not know his relation to the bridal party I decided to let it slip and laugh about it later.

Now I know there are many husband-wife wedding tandems, have any of you had to deal with anything similar?

Also, I plan on culling through the wedding tomorrow morning and I might have a shot of this event which I will post if I wasn't too shocked to pull off a couple of shots of it.

Aug 11, 2012 at 03:15 AM
Sergio Mottola
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · "Bobbing" & "Creeping" at the same time...

i find "pervert" to be the most derogatory term in the english language. i woulda just politely let him know he's a pervert.

Aug 11, 2012 at 03:37 AM
marti.g3
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · "Bobbing" & "Creeping" at the same time...

Oops, im sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you........is your eye okay ?

Aug 11, 2012 at 03:41 AM
Daboyle
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · "Bobbing" & "Creeping" at the same time...

unacceptable. I dont care if it is the father of the bride. That is your wife and I would let him know that he needed to delete the photos and stop or you would act accordingly. Im not married, but when I am I can promise you my wife and children will get priority of security over other people trying to be perverts. period. I could care less if someone got offended bc that is my family.

I would also take a photo of the instance and tell them to stop and delete their photos or you will gladly post this photo with the wedding images to show the bride, groom and family what was going on....

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:12 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · "Bobbing" & "Creeping" at the same time...

and I never thought about anything like this happening, but it shouldn't surprise me knowing how weird some people are, I just can't imagine someone doing that at a ceremony, so did you ever find out who he was?

Aug 12, 2012 at 02:58 AM
DavidWEGS
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · "Bobbing" & "Creeping" at the same time...

While I feel that sense of indignation, I applaud your reserve and consideration for the event at hand.

As to the particular actions of this person, I don't think it is too unusual if he had not seen someone laying in the aisle shooting before. Perhaps he wanted to show the B&G a shot of your wife's way of shooting? Just a thought.

Not that you were wrong, or misunderstanding what you saw, I am just thinking of all the ways in which he could have been doing something completely innocent, since I would prefer to give someone the benefit of the doubt first.

Aug 12, 2012 at 12:36 PM
VickiB
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · "Bobbing" & "Creeping" at the same time...

I can't imagine why you even care--under any circumstances, wedding or otherwise.

Aug 14, 2012 at 01:45 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

MalachiConstant
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · "Bobbing" & "Creeping" at the same time...

You did the right thing... Laugh it off, no sense in going dark-ages on some creep and ruining a clients day, possibly your reputation. It could have been misunderstanding.

Rest assured knowing your wife is hot

Aug 14, 2012 at 02:08 PM
Kittyk
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · "Bobbing" & "Creeping" at the same time...

i cannot count how many upskirt (when i was yet shooting in a dress or skirts) and butt shots of my self i have got from UBs. obviously they often make it challenge for them self to catch the photographer in most unpleasing way and then be proud about the shot.

some of them even have balls then send it to me over email.

never did anything against it though except bad eye contact if i see them

Aug 14, 2012 at 02:41 PM
L.A.W.PHOTO
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · "Bobbing" & "Creeping" at the same time...

VickiB wrote:
I can't imagine why you even care--under any circumstances, wedding or otherwise.

I respect that you have a different opinion but I am amiss to why you believe I should not care? Honestly, I am not someone to be confrontational about this and in the end we both laughed about it on the way home, but there seems to be a relative majority here that would be offended by this persons actions. I have never been the object of some wedding goer's camera affection but I would think at the very least I would feel weird about it... Plus his wife/girlfriend sitting next to him certainly didn't help matters any.

Aug 14, 2012 at 07:29 PM
Josh Evilsizor
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · "Bobbing" & "Creeping" at the same time...

L.A.W.PHOTO wrote:
I respect that you have a different opinion but I am amiss to why you believe I should not care? Honestly, I am not someone to be confrontational about this and in the end we both laughed about it on the way home, but there seems to be a relative majority here that would be offended by this persons actions. I have never been the object of some wedding goer's camera affection but I would think at the very least I would feel weird about it... Plus his wife/girlfriend sitting next to him certainly didn't help matters any.

I'd take it as a compliment that my wife has a nice enough backside that someone wanted to take a picture of it... now, had he walked up and smacked her ass, I'd feel a little different.

Aug 15, 2012 at 02:36 AM
Brian Virts
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · "Bobbing" & "Creeping" at the same time...

Josh Evilsizor wrote:
I'd take it as a compliment that my wife has a nice enough backside that someone wanted to take a picture of it... now, had he walked up and smacked her ass, I'd feel a little different.

+1

Aug 15, 2012 at 02:42 AM
tobicus
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · "Bobbing" & "Creeping" at the same time...

DavidWEGS wrote:
While I feel that sense of indignation, I applaud your reserve and consideration for the event at hand.

As to the particular actions of this person, I don't think it is too unusual if he had not seen someone laying in the aisle shooting before. Perhaps he wanted to show the B&G a shot of your wife's way of shooting? Just a thought.

Not that you were wrong, or misunderstanding what you saw, I am just thinking of all the ways in which he could have been doing something completely innocent, since I would prefer to give someone the benefit of
...Show more

+1.

Aug 15, 2012 at 02:44 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password