Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Canon 60D Viewfinder Diopter

andbott723

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Canon 60D Viewfinder Diopter

Hey guys,
Ive had this problem with my 60D's diopter for months...
It always seems to get accidentally hit and turns on me.
Then when I go to MF through the viewfinder the focus is off.
I can't find any way to stop it from moving. Even tape hasn't helped.
Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and a solution!
Any ideas on how to stop the thing from accidentally getting moved would be great!

Aug 11, 2012 at 02:03 AM
vsg28
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Canon 60D Viewfinder Diopter

This is news to me, never had any issues with the diopter.

Aug 11, 2012 at 02:36 AM
andbott723

p.1 #3 · Canon 60D Viewfinder Diopter

If I barely touch it or like just let it hang on my hip... when I go back to shoot again it will be changed.
Im trying to figure out how to keep it still without it looking stupid

Aug 11, 2012 at 04:40 AM
Monito
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Canon 60D Viewfinder Diopter

Do you have no eye cup on the camera? Try the minimal eye cup. I may have moved one from an older camera of mine or one may have come with my cameras, so I don't know what comes these days but, judging from pictures, it does come with one. Did it get lost or removed?

I find that my eye cups prevents accidental diopter change on my DSLRs.

If you have one in place, then I don't know how you could be moving the camera such as to change the diopter frequently, or even occasionally. Try a bigger eye cup.

"canon eyecup at B&H"

Aug 11, 2012 at 06:24 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jeff
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Canon 60D Viewfinder Diopter

When hanging the camera ('backwards'), my 5D MkIII does the same thing. I wish Canon would have designed it like the 1-Series cameras: with the diopter wheel beneath the eyecup, requiring the eyecup to be removed to change settings. I also wish they would have integrated an eyepiece shutter into this latest camera; the rubber kludge hanging around the strap is a pain (I don't even use it, I cover the eyepiece with my hand, no less of a stupid procedure...).

Aug 11, 2012 at 01:56 PM
Monito
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Canon 60D Viewfinder Diopter

Another thing to try is to shorten or lengthen the strap so that it hangs in a different postion.

I almost never "hang it on my hip". I most of the time have the camera in my hand when it is not in the bag / pack. Next most often I have it around my neck, but even that is not much. Occasionally I will have it with the lens at my waist with the viewfinder out and frontward. It doesn't get banged or nudged that way. The strap length is such that it hangs more waist high than hip high, regardless whether it is on shoulder or around neck.

Aug 11, 2012 at 02:14 PM
andbott723

p.1 #7 · Canon 60D Viewfinder Diopter

Yea I have an eyecup on it and everything... Last night I found some small black wire and pushed it under the dial... Seems to be pretty tight now and it isn't moving.

Aug 11, 2012 at 03:10 PM
ukkisavosta
• •
p.1 #8 · Canon 60D Viewfinder Diopter

Just chiming in...

My 60D diopter dial does the same thing - so much so that it's becoming a habit of mine to check the readings on the VF first before shooting. I even tried tightening the screw on the dial, but it didn't help.

Aug 11, 2012 at 05:47 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password