Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Tia Beauty shot

kino
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Tia Beauty shot

Aug 10, 2012 at 07:05 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Tia Beauty shot

Nice. Is this all window light?
Douglas

Aug 10, 2012 at 07:56 PM
GoodEgg
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Tia Beauty shot

Tia is a beauty, and the light is great. It appears as though there are some processing artifacts at the top of her head. Hey, I have trouble with hair. too.

Aug 10, 2012 at 08:49 PM
kino
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Tia Beauty shot

No it's strobe lights

Aug 10, 2012 at 08:54 PM
Steve Wylie
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Tia Beauty shot

This is really odd. I love the shot, and the subject is beautiful and beautifully lit. But the eyes appear to reflect the window behind the camera. Is it a coincidence that the exposure values in the camera matched the ambient conditions outside?? I would have expected to see a strobe catchlight in the eyes, not a reflection of what's behind the camera. Or am I missing something? Can you shed some "light" on this? Regardless...I like it!

Aug 11, 2012 at 03:30 AM
killersnowman
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Tia Beauty shot

really nice. if i was to be a douche bag and really analyze the shot, i would say you should work on the eyes. clean up the blood vessels on her right eye and work on the reflections in the studio. also the scrunched up neck on her right (our left) is kind of disturbing after looking at it for a while. try a pose of her with the same head position with her shoulders more straightened to the camera. just smoothing the skin of her neck might just do it. her face is soo smooth and then her neck has some crazy hair texture and then her shoulder is smooth again... jawing to the eye of a douche bag critic

Aug 11, 2012 at 04:42 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Tia Beauty shot

It's an awesome shot...lets just leave it at that

I got a shoot Sunday with a young lady with stunning eyes and plan on doing a similar shot.

Aug 11, 2012 at 05:00 AM
honorerdieu
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Tia Beauty shot

I guess I'm the odd one out here but the portrait shot is unflattering to me. The lighting, while it is well lit--it is too well lit and flat. Great portrait shots have light and shadow at play to show the dimension and structure of a person's face. Her facial expression is that of a deer in headlights. Very lifeless.

Did you edit her skin tones and hair in photoshop? Because I see blurring artifacts along the hairlines.

If you want to get better, look up Peter Hurley's DVD on the Art Behind the Headshot.

Aug 11, 2012 at 05:09 AM

Nikons4Me

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Tia Beauty shot

Overall I feel you did a great job. I think the image has a lot of good points, but there's something unnatural about her eyes. Her pupils seem to be dilated much larger than they should be for the amount of lighting on her. As others have said she's a lovely model.

Aug 12, 2012 at 01:01 AM
killersnowman
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Tia Beauty shot

Nikons4Me wrote:
Overall I feel you did a great job. I think the image has a lot of good points, but there's something unnatural about her eyes. Her pupils seem to be dilated much larger than they should be for the amount of lighting on her. As others have said she's a lovely model.

how do you know how big her pupils should be? maybe she had ingested some psychedelic substance... nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah.... BOOM!!!

Aug 12, 2012 at 03:51 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Tia Beauty shot

Nikons4Me wrote:

It doesn't matter how much light was put on her when the shutter was pressed.
The ambient light around her must not have been enough. It's common if the modelling lamb is not bright enough.
I personally don't mind it

Aug 12, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Osai
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Tia Beauty shot

Well done!!

Aug 12, 2012 at 04:36 PM
Guari
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Tia Beauty shot

Steve Wylie wrote:
This is really odd. I love the shot, and the subject is beautiful and beautifully lit. But the eyes appear to reflect the window behind the camera. Is it a coincidence that the exposure values in the camera matched the ambient conditions outside?? I would have expected to see a strobe catchlight in the eyes, not a reflection of what's behind the camera. Or am I missing something? Can you shed some "light" on this? Regardless...I like it!

+1

Aug 12, 2012 at 05:04 PM
kino
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Tia Beauty shot

Just one strobe light with reflector pointed to the white ceiling was only light source in this shot.

Aug 13, 2012 at 04:11 PM
Steve Wylie
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Tia Beauty shot

Interesting! That's why there's no catchlight.

Aug 13, 2012 at 06:21 PM
Nikons4Me

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Tia Beauty shot

bbourizk wrote:
It doesn't matter how much light was put on her when the shutter was pressed.
The ambient light around her must not have been enough. It's common if the modelling lamb is not bright enough.
I personally don't mind it

As I said in my post, I think is a "very good" image of a pretty model, but I feel the eyes do not look natural. I know it's a subjective thing. I showed the image to four others, without my commenting, and two of them said, "her eyes don't look right. I'm not saying the image is bad, but to me her eyes popped out to me.
regards
Ed
to the OP, it's excellent work.

Aug 13, 2012 at 07:25 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password